Apr 9, 2013, 5:34 PM EDT
Miller, 20, scored 2G-2A-4PTS in 26 games with the Rangers this season, earning high praise from head coach John Tortorella for his ability to jump into the Blueshirts lineup in his first year of professional hockey.
Miller had missed the last four games with a sore left wrist, during which the Rangers made a series of acquisitions to bolster the lineup, specifically bringing in forwards Ryane Clowe and Derick Brassard (with injured winger Derek Dorsett likely to follow).
A former standout with OHL Plymouth, Miller was taken 15th overall at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft and played a big part in Team USA’s gold medal win at the 2013 World Junior tournament in Russia.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)