Apr 9, 2013, 10:34 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins have already clinched a playoff spot.
On Tuesday, the Penguins, the big winners in the days leading up to the NHL trade deadline, clinched the Atlantic Division.
The Penguins fell behind by a goal to the Carolina Hurricanes in the third period, but roared back with three goals in the final 10 minutes and 11 seconds for the 5-3 win.
Not only did the Penguins get the win, they got a goal from Brenden Morrow, who was acquired in a trade with the Dallas Stars prior to the deadline.
It was Morrow’s first goal as a member of the Penguins.
The Penguins, who in March went on a 15-game winning streak, have won their last two games after a brief two-game losing streak.
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 0
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 1
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 12
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 26
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 5
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)