Apr 9, 2013, 12:22 PM EDT
Mason — acquired from Columbus at the trade deadline — stopped all nine shots he faced on Saturday in Winnipeg after Ilya Bryzgalov was pulled. The goalie switch came too late, however, as the Jets beat the Flyers, 4-1, handing Philadelphia’s already-slim playoff hopes a blow.
After a strong January, Bryzgalov’s save percentage has fallen all the way to .896. And the fact he’s not starting such an important game, despite having two days to rest up, says something.
Mason was a less-than-impressive 3-6-1 with a .899 save percentage for the Blue Jackets this season, but the 24-year-old is hoping a change of scenery will do him good. If he plays well down the stretch, expect the Brygalov buyout chatter to increase.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 6
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 97
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 12
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 3
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 20
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 22
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (99)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)