Apr 9, 2013, 9:51 AM EST
If the New York Rangers can stay in the playoff race, then they might get a key reinforcement just in time for the postseason.
Staal has missed a little over a month after he was struck near his right eye by the puck.
The 26-year-old defenseman is a key part of the Rangers, but he’s endured more than his fair share of trials lately. In addition to this injury, Staal missed 36 games in 2011-12 because of a concussion.
When Staal returns to the Rangers lineup, he’s reportedly expected to start using a visor. Marc and his brothers Jordan and Eric Staal weren’t wearing visors before the incident. However, after Marc’s scary injury, the Carolina Hurricanes forwards decided to change that practice.
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 0
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 3
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 19
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)