Apr 9, 2013, 9:51 AM EDT
If the New York Rangers can stay in the playoff race, then they might get a key reinforcement just in time for the postseason.
Staal has missed a little over a month after he was struck near his right eye by the puck.
The 26-year-old defenseman is a key part of the Rangers, but he’s endured more than his fair share of trials lately. In addition to this injury, Staal missed 36 games in 2011-12 because of a concussion.
When Staal returns to the Rangers lineup, he’s reportedly expected to start using a visor. Marc and his brothers Jordan and Eric Staal weren’t wearing visors before the incident. However, after Marc’s scary injury, the Carolina Hurricanes forwards decided to change that practice.
- Report: John Hynes to be named head coach of the Devils 13
- Ex-Leafs goalie Pogge eyeing North American return 5
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? 63
- Zuccarello (brain contusion, skull fracture) was unable to speak after injury 27
- Overtime format highlights competition committee meeting agenda 16
- Report: Changes coming to compensation for executives 23
- Here’s your 2015 Stanley Cup Final schedule 33
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years 95
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Western Conference Final Game 7 5
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 9
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (65)
- Despite getting further than ever before, big game letdowns continue to haunt Boudreau (64)
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? (63)