Apr 9, 2013, 9:51 AM EDT
If the New York Rangers can stay in the playoff race, then they might get a key reinforcement just in time for the postseason.
Staal has missed a little over a month after he was struck near his right eye by the puck.
The 26-year-old defenseman is a key part of the Rangers, but he’s endured more than his fair share of trials lately. In addition to this injury, Staal missed 36 games in 2011-12 because of a concussion.
When Staal returns to the Rangers lineup, he’s reportedly expected to start using a visor. Marc and his brothers Jordan and Eric Staal weren’t wearing visors before the incident. However, after Marc’s scary injury, the Carolina Hurricanes forwards decided to change that practice.
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 3
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25