Apr 9, 2013, 9:51 AM EDT
If the New York Rangers can stay in the playoff race, then they might get a key reinforcement just in time for the postseason.
Staal has missed a little over a month after he was struck near his right eye by the puck.
The 26-year-old defenseman is a key part of the Rangers, but he’s endured more than his fair share of trials lately. In addition to this injury, Staal missed 36 games in 2011-12 because of a concussion.
When Staal returns to the Rangers lineup, he’s reportedly expected to start using a visor. Marc and his brothers Jordan and Eric Staal weren’t wearing visors before the incident. However, after Marc’s scary injury, the Carolina Hurricanes forwards decided to change that practice.
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 21
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 13
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 10
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 40
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 48
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 86
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 40
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 64
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)