Apr 9, 2013, 9:51 AM EDT
If the New York Rangers can stay in the playoff race, then they might get a key reinforcement just in time for the postseason.
Staal has missed a little over a month after he was struck near his right eye by the puck.
The 26-year-old defenseman is a key part of the Rangers, but he’s endured more than his fair share of trials lately. In addition to this injury, Staal missed 36 games in 2011-12 because of a concussion.
When Staal returns to the Rangers lineup, he’s reportedly expected to start using a visor. Marc and his brothers Jordan and Eric Staal weren’t wearing visors before the incident. However, after Marc’s scary injury, the Carolina Hurricanes forwards decided to change that practice.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 8
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 9
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 7
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 93
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (93)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)