Apr 9, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
Lupul, 29, hasn’t played since taking this heavy hit from Flyers forwards Jay Rosehill and Adam Hall on Apr. 4:
The Leafs have been calling the ailment an “upper-body” injury over the last week and have been very cautious regarding the topic of a potential concussion.
“No that’s a bad word,” head coach Randy Carlyle said over the weekend. “We don’t use that word until we’re 100 per cent sure on any of those situations medically.
“The term concussion, in today’s sporting world, you want to make sure you’re 100 per cent sure before you start using that one.”
Lupul’s had a frustrating year in terms of trying to get into the lineup. He missed a bunch of time with a broken arm and, shortly after returning, served a two-game suspension for hitting Tampa defenseman Victor Hedman.
Now, he’s back on the shelf with his latest injury.
Despite all this, Lupul has still managed to rack up 14 points in 10 games and earn himself a five-year, $26.25 million extension from the Leafs.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 31
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 15
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 9
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 56
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1