Apr 9, 2013, 6:30 PM EST
Lupul, 29, hasn’t played since taking this heavy hit from Flyers forwards Jay Rosehill and Adam Hall on Apr. 4:
The Leafs have been calling the ailment an “upper-body” injury over the last week and have been very cautious regarding the topic of a potential concussion.
“No that’s a bad word,” head coach Randy Carlyle said over the weekend. “We don’t use that word until we’re 100 per cent sure on any of those situations medically.
“The term concussion, in today’s sporting world, you want to make sure you’re 100 per cent sure before you start using that one.”
Lupul’s had a frustrating year in terms of trying to get into the lineup. He missed a bunch of time with a broken arm and, shortly after returning, served a two-game suspension for hitting Tampa defenseman Victor Hedman.
Now, he’s back on the shelf with his latest injury.
Despite all this, Lupul has still managed to rack up 14 points in 10 games and earn himself a five-year, $26.25 million extension from the Leafs.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 1
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 27
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 44
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15