Apr 9, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
Lupul, 29, hasn’t played since taking this heavy hit from Flyers forwards Jay Rosehill and Adam Hall on Apr. 4:
The Leafs have been calling the ailment an “upper-body” injury over the last week and have been very cautious regarding the topic of a potential concussion.
“No that’s a bad word,” head coach Randy Carlyle said over the weekend. “We don’t use that word until we’re 100 per cent sure on any of those situations medically.
“The term concussion, in today’s sporting world, you want to make sure you’re 100 per cent sure before you start using that one.”
Lupul’s had a frustrating year in terms of trying to get into the lineup. He missed a bunch of time with a broken arm and, shortly after returning, served a two-game suspension for hitting Tampa defenseman Victor Hedman.
Now, he’s back on the shelf with his latest injury.
Despite all this, Lupul has still managed to rack up 14 points in 10 games and earn himself a five-year, $26.25 million extension from the Leafs.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)