Apr 9, 2013, 9:44 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames, 11 points out of a playoff spot in the Western Conference, announced Tuesday evening that they have recalled center Blair Jones from the Abbotsford Heat in the American Hockey League.
Jones began the season in Calgary, playing in the first 11 games, before being sent down to Abbotsford toward the end of February.
He had one point in those 11 games with the Flames.
The Flames host the Vancouver Canucks on Wednesday night. The two teams met on Saturday, with the Canucks being thoroughly outshot 38-22 but coming away with a 5-2 win.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)