Apr 9, 2013, 9:44 PM EST
The Calgary Flames, 11 points out of a playoff spot in the Western Conference, announced Tuesday evening that they have recalled center Blair Jones from the Abbotsford Heat in the American Hockey League.
Jones began the season in Calgary, playing in the first 11 games, before being sent down to Abbotsford toward the end of February.
He had one point in those 11 games with the Flames.
The Flames host the Vancouver Canucks on Wednesday night. The two teams met on Saturday, with the Canucks being thoroughly outshot 38-22 but coming away with a 5-2 win.
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 28
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)