Apr 9, 2013, 9:44 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames, 11 points out of a playoff spot in the Western Conference, announced Tuesday evening that they have recalled center Blair Jones from the Abbotsford Heat in the American Hockey League.
Jones began the season in Calgary, playing in the first 11 games, before being sent down to Abbotsford toward the end of February.
He had one point in those 11 games with the Flames.
The Flames host the Vancouver Canucks on Wednesday night. The two teams met on Saturday, with the Canucks being thoroughly outshot 38-22 but coming away with a 5-2 win.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 40
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 32
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 65
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22