Apr 9, 2013, 9:44 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames, 11 points out of a playoff spot in the Western Conference, announced Tuesday evening that they have recalled center Blair Jones from the Abbotsford Heat in the American Hockey League.
Jones began the season in Calgary, playing in the first 11 games, before being sent down to Abbotsford toward the end of February.
He had one point in those 11 games with the Flames.
The Flames host the Vancouver Canucks on Wednesday night. The two teams met on Saturday, with the Canucks being thoroughly outshot 38-22 but coming away with a 5-2 win.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)