Apr 9, 2013, 9:44 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames, 11 points out of a playoff spot in the Western Conference, announced Tuesday evening that they have recalled center Blair Jones from the Abbotsford Heat in the American Hockey League.
Jones began the season in Calgary, playing in the first 11 games, before being sent down to Abbotsford toward the end of February.
He had one point in those 11 games with the Flames.
The Flames host the Vancouver Canucks on Wednesday night. The two teams met on Saturday, with the Canucks being thoroughly outshot 38-22 but coming away with a 5-2 win.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)