Apr 9, 2013, 1:06 PM EDT
Faulk has missed the last nine games with an MCL sprain. The 21-year-old is arguably the team’s best defenseman, leading the ‘Canes in average ice time (23:23) while playing in all situations.
Carolina has just one victory in its last 13 games. The Hurricanes take on the Penguins in Pittsburgh tonight.
“The guys have not thrown in the towel. They’re battling,” head coach Kirk Muller said. “All in all, I don’t think anyone can watch our team play right now and say the guys aren’t giving it all they’ve got.”
Carolina could also have forward Alex Semin back in the lineup tonight after he missed the last two games with an upper-body injury.
Defenseman Brett Bellemore has been assigned to AHL Charlotte.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 15
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 18
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 69
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 91
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)