Apr 9, 2013, 1:06 PM EDT
Faulk has missed the last nine games with an MCL sprain. The 21-year-old is arguably the team’s best defenseman, leading the ‘Canes in average ice time (23:23) while playing in all situations.
Carolina has just one victory in its last 13 games. The Hurricanes take on the Penguins in Pittsburgh tonight.
“The guys have not thrown in the towel. They’re battling,” head coach Kirk Muller said. “All in all, I don’t think anyone can watch our team play right now and say the guys aren’t giving it all they’ve got.”
Carolina could also have forward Alex Semin back in the lineup tonight after he missed the last two games with an upper-body injury.
Defenseman Brett Bellemore has been assigned to AHL Charlotte.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32