Apr 9, 2013, 1:06 PM EDT
Faulk has missed the last nine games with an MCL sprain. The 21-year-old is arguably the team’s best defenseman, leading the ‘Canes in average ice time (23:23) while playing in all situations.
Carolina has just one victory in its last 13 games. The Hurricanes take on the Penguins in Pittsburgh tonight.
“The guys have not thrown in the towel. They’re battling,” head coach Kirk Muller said. “All in all, I don’t think anyone can watch our team play right now and say the guys aren’t giving it all they’ve got.”
Carolina could also have forward Alex Semin back in the lineup tonight after he missed the last two games with an upper-body injury.
Defenseman Brett Bellemore has been assigned to AHL Charlotte.
- WATCH LIVE: Montreal Canadiens vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 1) 1
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 70
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 30
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 53
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 34
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (70)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (53)