Apr 9, 2013, 1:06 PM EST
Faulk has missed the last nine games with an MCL sprain. The 21-year-old is arguably the team’s best defenseman, leading the ‘Canes in average ice time (23:23) while playing in all situations.
Carolina has just one victory in its last 13 games. The Hurricanes take on the Penguins in Pittsburgh tonight.
“The guys have not thrown in the towel. They’re battling,” head coach Kirk Muller said. “All in all, I don’t think anyone can watch our team play right now and say the guys aren’t giving it all they’ve got.”
Carolina could also have forward Alex Semin back in the lineup tonight after he missed the last two games with an upper-body injury.
Defenseman Brett Bellemore has been assigned to AHL Charlotte.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)