Apr 9, 2013, 1:06 PM EST
Faulk has missed the last nine games with an MCL sprain. The 21-year-old is arguably the team’s best defenseman, leading the ‘Canes in average ice time (23:23) while playing in all situations.
Carolina has just one victory in its last 13 games. The Hurricanes take on the Penguins in Pittsburgh tonight.
“The guys have not thrown in the towel. They’re battling,” head coach Kirk Muller said. “All in all, I don’t think anyone can watch our team play right now and say the guys aren’t giving it all they’ve got.”
Carolina could also have forward Alex Semin back in the lineup tonight after he missed the last two games with an upper-body injury.
Defenseman Brett Bellemore has been assigned to AHL Charlotte.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11