Apr 9, 2013, 4:47 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins have reached an agreement on a multi-year contract with Swedish forward Carl Soderberg, according to ESPN.
Late last night, CSNNE.com reported that the club was “very close” to getting something done.
According to a source with knowledge of the negotiations, the contract with the 27-year-old Soderberg is all but done from a Bruins perspective and now the team is wading through the international requirements to bring him to the NHL. That means purchasing him from his Linkoping Swedish Elite League club and making sure that the IIHF has signed off on the transaction
Bottom line: it sounds like Soderberg could be in a Boston uniform for the playoffs. And given he scored an SEL-high 31 goals in 54 games this season, the B’s might be able to use him.
“He’s a big body, and he’s a really good shot too,” said Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli. “He could definitely help us.”
Soderberg was drafted 49th overall in 2004 by St. Louis. In 2007, the B’s acquired him in a trade, sending Hannu Toivonen to the Blues in return.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)