Apr 8, 2013, 10:44 PM EDT
On the morning of Ryan Suter‘s return to Nashville as a member of the Minnesota Wild, he joked that he wanted to wear a different jersey number to avoid the boos. Maybe he should’ve just insisted that the Wild sign a guy with a similar name.
For future giving-a-hard-time purposes, PHT provides this handy guide for telling the two apart.
Here’s a photo of Nick, who wears No. 15. Notice the “A” on his jersey for alternate captain …
Nick Schultz is 30 years old, a left-handed shot and measures in at 6-foot-2 and 203 lbs., according to NHL.com. We’ll spare you discussion of his astrological sign.
Now, onto Justin Schultz:
As you can see, he wears No. 19, sports a right-handed shot and doesn’t have an “A” on his jersey. (At least not yet.)
He does, however, have a “J” on the back:
The 22-year-old blueliner comes in at the same height but he’s about 20 lbs. lighter, though that probably won’t help much from the nosebleeds.
In summation, it’s a reasonable mistake in the not-so-reasonable field of screaming at someone for wanting a change of scenery. Here’s a quicker memory trick for Ducks fans: “N is for not Justin; J is for jeer away.”
Heaven help us if a fan base only wants to lampoon just one of the Sedin twins.
(All images via Getty.)
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 12
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 23
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 25
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 25
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 19
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 55
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6