Apr 8, 2013, 10:44 PM EST
On the morning of Ryan Suter‘s return to Nashville as a member of the Minnesota Wild, he joked that he wanted to wear a different jersey number to avoid the boos. Maybe he should’ve just insisted that the Wild sign a guy with a similar name.
For future giving-a-hard-time purposes, PHT provides this handy guide for telling the two apart.
Here’s a photo of Nick, who wears No. 15. Notice the “A” on his jersey for alternate captain …
Nick Schultz is 30 years old, a left-handed shot and measures in at 6-foot-2 and 203 lbs., according to NHL.com. We’ll spare you discussion of his astrological sign.
Now, onto Justin Schultz:
As you can see, he wears No. 19, sports a right-handed shot and doesn’t have an “A” on his jersey. (At least not yet.)
He does, however, have a “J” on the back:
The 22-year-old blueliner comes in at the same height but he’s about 20 lbs. lighter, though that probably won’t help much from the nosebleeds.
In summation, it’s a reasonable mistake in the not-so-reasonable field of screaming at someone for wanting a change of scenery. Here’s a quicker memory trick for Ducks fans: “N is for not Justin; J is for jeer away.”
Heaven help us if a fan base only wants to lampoon just one of the Sedin twins.
(All images via Getty.)
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 9
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 3
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 10
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15