Apr 8, 2013, 10:44 PM EDT
On the morning of Ryan Suter‘s return to Nashville as a member of the Minnesota Wild, he joked that he wanted to wear a different jersey number to avoid the boos. Maybe he should’ve just insisted that the Wild sign a guy with a similar name.
For future giving-a-hard-time purposes, PHT provides this handy guide for telling the two apart.
Here’s a photo of Nick, who wears No. 15. Notice the “A” on his jersey for alternate captain …
Nick Schultz is 30 years old, a left-handed shot and measures in at 6-foot-2 and 203 lbs., according to NHL.com. We’ll spare you discussion of his astrological sign.
Now, onto Justin Schultz:
As you can see, he wears No. 19, sports a right-handed shot and doesn’t have an “A” on his jersey. (At least not yet.)
He does, however, have a “J” on the back:
The 22-year-old blueliner comes in at the same height but he’s about 20 lbs. lighter, though that probably won’t help much from the nosebleeds.
In summation, it’s a reasonable mistake in the not-so-reasonable field of screaming at someone for wanting a change of scenery. Here’s a quicker memory trick for Ducks fans: “N is for not Justin; J is for jeer away.”
Heaven help us if a fan base only wants to lampoon just one of the Sedin twins.
(All images via Getty.)
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)