Apr 8, 2013, 10:44 PM EDT
On the morning of Ryan Suter‘s return to Nashville as a member of the Minnesota Wild, he joked that he wanted to wear a different jersey number to avoid the boos. Maybe he should’ve just insisted that the Wild sign a guy with a similar name.
For future giving-a-hard-time purposes, PHT provides this handy guide for telling the two apart.
Here’s a photo of Nick, who wears No. 15. Notice the “A” on his jersey for alternate captain …
Nick Schultz is 30 years old, a left-handed shot and measures in at 6-foot-2 and 203 lbs., according to NHL.com. We’ll spare you discussion of his astrological sign.
Now, onto Justin Schultz:
As you can see, he wears No. 19, sports a right-handed shot and doesn’t have an “A” on his jersey. (At least not yet.)
He does, however, have a “J” on the back:
The 22-year-old blueliner comes in at the same height but he’s about 20 lbs. lighter, though that probably won’t help much from the nosebleeds.
In summation, it’s a reasonable mistake in the not-so-reasonable field of screaming at someone for wanting a change of scenery. Here’s a quicker memory trick for Ducks fans: “N is for not Justin; J is for jeer away.”
Heaven help us if a fan base only wants to lampoon just one of the Sedin twins.
(All images via Getty.)
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 1
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 45
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 49
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)