Apr 8, 2013, 9:05 AM EDT
Sullivan’s time in the Devils’ organization only lasted a few years before he was traded to the Toronto Maple Leafs. On Sunday, Sullivan found the back of the net as a New Jersey Devils’ player for the first time since Feb. 15, 1997.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
A lot has changed for the Devils over the last 16 years, but there’s some things that haven’t. As the Devils pointed out, Martin Brodeur was also the starting goaltender when Sullivan netted his previous goal with New Jersey.
Additionally, while Sullivan netted the goal with the man advantage, when at even strength he was playing alongside Patrik Elias. The duo spent most of the 1995-96 campaign playing together in the AHL and have since gone on to individually participate in more than 1,000 NHL games.
“[The Elias-Travis Zajac-Sullivan line] spent the whole night in the other team’s end,” Devils coach Pete DeBoer said in an NHL report. “They didn’t have anything to show for it 5-on-5, but it wasn’t for lack of effort.”
Ultimately, Sullivan’s efforts weren’t enough as the Devils dropped their seventh game in a row.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (37)