Apr 8, 2013, 1:45 PM EST
Sidney Crosby is feeling better, but there’s still no timetable for his return to the Pittsburgh lineup.
Crosby spoke to reporters today about his recovery from a broken jaw that required surgery.
“Having gone a week or so it’s gotten better and I feel better than after the first couple of days,” said Crosby, per the Penguins’ website. “I’m going to see the doctor this week. Whenever he feels comfortable and feels like I can go out there and skate, that’s something I’ll wait to hear from him.”
Crosby hasn’t been able to eat solid food since taking a puck in the face on March 30.
“It’s impossible to keep weight. I’ll be excited when I can eat,” he said. “It’s been shakes. It hasn’t been too enjoyable that way. Maybe this week I’ll start doing that.”
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 13
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 6
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 13
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 16
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 8
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35