Apr 8, 2013, 1:45 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby is feeling better, but there’s still no timetable for his return to the Pittsburgh lineup.
Crosby spoke to reporters today about his recovery from a broken jaw that required surgery.
“Having gone a week or so it’s gotten better and I feel better than after the first couple of days,” said Crosby, per the Penguins’ website. “I’m going to see the doctor this week. Whenever he feels comfortable and feels like I can go out there and skate, that’s something I’ll wait to hear from him.”
Crosby hasn’t been able to eat solid food since taking a puck in the face on March 30.
“It’s impossible to keep weight. I’ll be excited when I can eat,” he said. “It’s been shakes. It hasn’t been too enjoyable that way. Maybe this week I’ll start doing that.”
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35