Apr 8, 2013, 1:45 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby is feeling better, but there’s still no timetable for his return to the Pittsburgh lineup.
Crosby spoke to reporters today about his recovery from a broken jaw that required surgery.
“Having gone a week or so it’s gotten better and I feel better than after the first couple of days,” said Crosby, per the Penguins’ website. “I’m going to see the doctor this week. Whenever he feels comfortable and feels like I can go out there and skate, that’s something I’ll wait to hear from him.”
Crosby hasn’t been able to eat solid food since taking a puck in the face on March 30.
“It’s impossible to keep weight. I’ll be excited when I can eat,” he said. “It’s been shakes. It hasn’t been too enjoyable that way. Maybe this week I’ll start doing that.”
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 35
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25