Apr 8, 2013, 1:45 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby is feeling better, but there’s still no timetable for his return to the Pittsburgh lineup.
Crosby spoke to reporters today about his recovery from a broken jaw that required surgery.
“Having gone a week or so it’s gotten better and I feel better than after the first couple of days,” said Crosby, per the Penguins’ website. “I’m going to see the doctor this week. Whenever he feels comfortable and feels like I can go out there and skate, that’s something I’ll wait to hear from him.”
Crosby hasn’t been able to eat solid food since taking a puck in the face on March 30.
“It’s impossible to keep weight. I’ll be excited when I can eat,” he said. “It’s been shakes. It hasn’t been too enjoyable that way. Maybe this week I’ll start doing that.”
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 33
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 28
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 15
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22