Apr 8, 2013, 1:45 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby is feeling better, but there’s still no timetable for his return to the Pittsburgh lineup.
Crosby spoke to reporters today about his recovery from a broken jaw that required surgery.
“Having gone a week or so it’s gotten better and I feel better than after the first couple of days,” said Crosby, per the Penguins’ website. “I’m going to see the doctor this week. Whenever he feels comfortable and feels like I can go out there and skate, that’s something I’ll wait to hear from him.”
Crosby hasn’t been able to eat solid food since taking a puck in the face on March 30.
“It’s impossible to keep weight. I’ll be excited when I can eat,” he said. “It’s been shakes. It hasn’t been too enjoyable that way. Maybe this week I’ll start doing that.”
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 3
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 18
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)