Apr 8, 2013, 10:01 PM EDT
April has already been a tough month for Roberto Luongo.
First, there was that well-publicized bit of honesty following the disappointment that came from not being moved during the trade deadline. Now he might be injured.
Luongo seemed to hurt his hand or wrist during pre-game warmups for Monday’s Vancouver Canucks contest against the Phoenix Coyotes, according to footage provided by NHL Network. It’s very early so it’s unclear if this could be a significant issue.
Cory Schneider was set to start tonight, anyway, and this might simplify things for Alain Vigneault if this is substantial. The Canucks would likely prefer to deal with the “problem” of choosing between two quality goaltenders instead, though.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5