Apr 8, 2013, 10:01 PM EST
April has already been a tough month for Roberto Luongo.
First, there was that well-publicized bit of honesty following the disappointment that came from not being moved during the trade deadline. Now he might be injured.
Luongo seemed to hurt his hand or wrist during pre-game warmups for Monday’s Vancouver Canucks contest against the Phoenix Coyotes, according to footage provided by NHL Network. It’s very early so it’s unclear if this could be a significant issue.
Cory Schneider was set to start tonight, anyway, and this might simplify things for Alain Vigneault if this is substantial. The Canucks would likely prefer to deal with the “problem” of choosing between two quality goaltenders instead, though.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)