Apr 8, 2013, 10:01 PM EDT
April has already been a tough month for Roberto Luongo.
First, there was that well-publicized bit of honesty following the disappointment that came from not being moved during the trade deadline. Now he might be injured.
Luongo seemed to hurt his hand or wrist during pre-game warmups for Monday’s Vancouver Canucks contest against the Phoenix Coyotes, according to footage provided by NHL Network. It’s very early so it’s unclear if this could be a significant issue.
Cory Schneider was set to start tonight, anyway, and this might simplify things for Alain Vigneault if this is substantial. The Canucks would likely prefer to deal with the “problem” of choosing between two quality goaltenders instead, though.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)