Apr 8, 2013, 10:01 PM EDT
April has already been a tough month for Roberto Luongo.
First, there was that well-publicized bit of honesty following the disappointment that came from not being moved during the trade deadline. Now he might be injured.
Luongo seemed to hurt his hand or wrist during pre-game warmups for Monday’s Vancouver Canucks contest against the Phoenix Coyotes, according to footage provided by NHL Network. It’s very early so it’s unclear if this could be a significant issue.
Cory Schneider was set to start tonight, anyway, and this might simplify things for Alain Vigneault if this is substantial. The Canucks would likely prefer to deal with the “problem” of choosing between two quality goaltenders instead, though.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 5
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 106
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 54
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63