Apr 8, 2013, 10:01 PM EDT
April has already been a tough month for Roberto Luongo.
First, there was that well-publicized bit of honesty following the disappointment that came from not being moved during the trade deadline. Now he might be injured.
Luongo seemed to hurt his hand or wrist during pre-game warmups for Monday’s Vancouver Canucks contest against the Phoenix Coyotes, according to footage provided by NHL Network. It’s very early so it’s unclear if this could be a significant issue.
Cory Schneider was set to start tonight, anyway, and this might simplify things for Alain Vigneault if this is substantial. The Canucks would likely prefer to deal with the “problem” of choosing between two quality goaltenders instead, though.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 12
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 13
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)