Apr 8, 2013, 9:09 PM EST
Remarkably, injury-prone Edmonton Oilers winger Ales Hemsky has played 37 out of 38 games this season. Make that 39.
Hemsky really started to get things going with 10 points in 12 games back in February, but only has three points in his last 11 contests. It’s quite possible that a foot injury might explain his struggles, so head coach Ralph Krueger said they’re trying to address it.
‘Ales is a scratch for tonight,” said Krueger. “He has a foot injury that we’re managing and will be day-to-day from here.”
Many worry that this might be a problem for quite a few days, especially considering his history.
- BREAKING: Flames fire Feaster 18
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 9
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 75
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 32
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)