Apr 8, 2013, 9:09 PM EDT
Remarkably, injury-prone Edmonton Oilers winger Ales Hemsky has played 37 out of 38 games this season. Make that 39.
Hemsky really started to get things going with 10 points in 12 games back in February, but only has three points in his last 11 contests. It’s quite possible that a foot injury might explain his struggles, so head coach Ralph Krueger said they’re trying to address it.
‘Ales is a scratch for tonight,” said Krueger. “He has a foot injury that we’re managing and will be day-to-day from here.”
Many worry that this might be a problem for quite a few days, especially considering his history.
- Flames sign Devin Setoguchi 1
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 11
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33