Apr 8, 2013, 9:09 PM EST
Remarkably, injury-prone Edmonton Oilers winger Ales Hemsky has played 37 out of 38 games this season. Make that 39.
Hemsky really started to get things going with 10 points in 12 games back in February, but only has three points in his last 11 contests. It’s quite possible that a foot injury might explain his struggles, so head coach Ralph Krueger said they’re trying to address it.
‘Ales is a scratch for tonight,” said Krueger. “He has a foot injury that we’re managing and will be day-to-day from here.”
Many worry that this might be a problem for quite a few days, especially considering his history.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 15
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 15
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 110
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (111)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)