Apr 8, 2013, 9:09 PM EDT
Remarkably, injury-prone Edmonton Oilers winger Ales Hemsky has played 37 out of 38 games this season. Make that 39.
Hemsky really started to get things going with 10 points in 12 games back in February, but only has three points in his last 11 contests. It’s quite possible that a foot injury might explain his struggles, so head coach Ralph Krueger said they’re trying to address it.
‘Ales is a scratch for tonight,” said Krueger. “He has a foot injury that we’re managing and will be day-to-day from here.”
Many worry that this might be a problem for quite a few days, especially considering his history.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)