Apr 8, 2013, 9:09 PM EDT
Remarkably, injury-prone Edmonton Oilers winger Ales Hemsky has played 37 out of 38 games this season. Make that 39.
Hemsky really started to get things going with 10 points in 12 games back in February, but only has three points in his last 11 contests. It’s quite possible that a foot injury might explain his struggles, so head coach Ralph Krueger said they’re trying to address it.
‘Ales is a scratch for tonight,” said Krueger. “He has a foot injury that we’re managing and will be day-to-day from here.”
Many worry that this might be a problem for quite a few days, especially considering his history.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)