Apr 8, 2013, 6:52 PM EDT
Key forward Max Pacioretty is day-to-day with a lower-body issue on top of that, but at least they’re getting Rene Bourque back after missing about six weeks with a concussion, according to the Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs.
Bourque, 31, will be part of the lineup as the Habs face the surging Washington Capitals on Tuesday. He generated five goals and 10 points in 17 games, the last one coming on Feb. 21.
Losing Pacioretty even for a few days might not look like an even trade for Montreal, especially with agitating defenseman Emelin done, but it’s unclear if the young forward will miss tomorrow’s game.
Montreal currently has a three-point lead on the Boston Bruins for the Northeast Division and the East’s second seed, although the B’s can close that gap to one if they beat the Carolina Hurricanes tonight (that game is on NHL Network starting at 7 p.m. ET).
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)