Apr 8, 2013, 6:52 PM EDT
Key forward Max Pacioretty is day-to-day with a lower-body issue on top of that, but at least they’re getting Rene Bourque back after missing about six weeks with a concussion, according to the Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs.
Bourque, 31, will be part of the lineup as the Habs face the surging Washington Capitals on Tuesday. He generated five goals and 10 points in 17 games, the last one coming on Feb. 21.
Losing Pacioretty even for a few days might not look like an even trade for Montreal, especially with agitating defenseman Emelin done, but it’s unclear if the young forward will miss tomorrow’s game.
Montreal currently has a three-point lead on the Boston Bruins for the Northeast Division and the East’s second seed, although the B’s can close that gap to one if they beat the Carolina Hurricanes tonight (that game is on NHL Network starting at 7 p.m. ET).
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)