Apr 8, 2013, 6:52 PM EST
Key forward Max Pacioretty is day-to-day with a lower-body issue on top of that, but at least they’re getting Rene Bourque back after missing about six weeks with a concussion, according to the Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs.
Bourque, 31, will be part of the lineup as the Habs face the surging Washington Capitals on Tuesday. He generated five goals and 10 points in 17 games, the last one coming on Feb. 21.
Losing Pacioretty even for a few days might not look like an even trade for Montreal, especially with agitating defenseman Emelin done, but it’s unclear if the young forward will miss tomorrow’s game.
Montreal currently has a three-point lead on the Boston Bruins for the Northeast Division and the East’s second seed, although the B’s can close that gap to one if they beat the Carolina Hurricanes tonight (that game is on NHL Network starting at 7 p.m. ET).
- In praise of the Hamburglar 8
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 5
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 9
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)