Apr 8, 2013, 10:13 PM EDT
Jagr set up two Marchand goals on Monday as the Boston Bruins poured even more salt in the wounds of the slumping Carolina Hurricanes by a score of 6-2.
Marchand described the advantages of playing with a future Hall of Famer who could very well have something left in the tank.
“He knows the right plays to make,” Marchand said. “He makes it easy to adapt and play with him.”
The blowout probably obscures the fact that Tuukka Rask had another excellent night, stopping 42 out of 44 shots. Another guy who might slip under the radar is Dennis Seidenberg; “The Pain Sponge” managed three assists tonight.
The Bruins are now just a point behind the Montreal Canadiens for the Northeast Division lead and the East’s second seed while the Hurricanes drop to 1-9-1 in their last 11 games (and have lost four in a row).
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)