Apr 8, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
It’s a good thing for the Blues that Brian Elliott is starting to play like 2011-12 Brian Elliott, because it doesn’t sound like Jaroslav Halak (groin) is guaranteed to be ready for the playoffs.
“Not skating, not practicing, so probably two or three weeks before we know what’s going on,” St. Louis head coach Ken Hitchcock said of Halak today, per NHL.com’s Dan Rosen.
The playoffs are scheduled to start April 30.
Halak, 27, was also injured (ankle) for much of last year’s postseason, leaving the goaltending duties to Elliott.
For now, the Blues will once again have to rely on Elliott, with rookie Jake Allen in the backup role.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)