Apr 8, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
It’s a good thing for the Blues that Brian Elliott is starting to play like 2011-12 Brian Elliott, because it doesn’t sound like Jaroslav Halak (groin) is guaranteed to be ready for the playoffs.
“Not skating, not practicing, so probably two or three weeks before we know what’s going on,” St. Louis head coach Ken Hitchcock said of Halak today, per NHL.com’s Dan Rosen.
The playoffs are scheduled to start April 30.
Halak, 27, was also injured (ankle) for much of last year’s postseason, leaving the goaltending duties to Elliott.
For now, the Blues will once again have to rely on Elliott, with rookie Jake Allen in the backup role.
- Wild hand Bryzgalov a training camp tryout 5
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 14
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 11
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 17
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 48
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 13
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)