Apr 8, 2013, 11:04 PM EST
With some key players out of the mix for the Calgary Flames, guys like Matt Stajan are getting a chance to prove they belong. That opportunity might be cut short by injury issues, however.
Stajan, 29, suffered an upper-body injury during Monday’s game against the Colorado Avalanche. He won’t return to that contest.
He has almost a point every other game (23 in 37 contests) this season, including two assists in his last full game on April 6.
Like quite a few other Flames players, Stajan’s contract has drawn plenty of derision. His four-year, $14 million deal ($3.5 million cap hit) will expire after the 2013-14 season.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11