Apr 8, 2013, 2:47 PM EDT
After a forgettable performance at center against Montreal on Saturday, Tyler Seguin is headed back to the wing.
That’s the story out of Boston today, as CSNNE.com reports Seguin — who made headlines when it was learned he’d be centering Brad Marchand and Jaromir Jagr — will be back on right wing tonight when the Bruins take on the ‘Canes.
Seguin finished Saturday’s 2-1 loss with one shot on goal, one giveaway, one faceoff lost and a minus-1 rating.
“I think I’ve given more compliments to [Seguin told CSNNE. “It definitely gives you more appreciation for how hard he works and the little things that he does at his position.”] in the last couple of days than I have all year,”
The Bruins lost Bergeron to a concussion during last week’s 3-2 win over Ottawa. The reigning Selke winner was hit by Colin Greening in the second period and didn’t return, and has proceeded to miss Boston’s last two games.
The loss has caused a major shakeup in Boston’s forward group, as Bergeron’s visiton, two-way game and faceoff prowess are extremely vital to the unit’s success. Without him, Boston gets noticeably thin down the middle after David Krejci.
Peverley and Kelly are having down years and Gregory Campbell is a checking center. The hope now is that one of the aforementioned two can find their games, and the club is probably looking at Kelly to be the one to do it.
He scored a career-high 20 goals and 39 points last year, but is coming off a broken tibia that sidelined him for nearly a month.
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 25
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)