Apr 8, 2013, 2:47 PM EDT
After a forgettable performance at center against Montreal on Saturday, Tyler Seguin is headed back to the wing.
That’s the story out of Boston today, as CSNNE.com reports Seguin — who made headlines when it was learned he’d be centering Brad Marchand and Jaromir Jagr — will be back on right wing tonight when the Bruins take on the ‘Canes.
Seguin finished Saturday’s 2-1 loss with one shot on goal, one giveaway, one faceoff lost and a minus-1 rating.
“I think I’ve given more compliments to [Seguin told CSNNE. “It definitely gives you more appreciation for how hard he works and the little things that he does at his position.”] in the last couple of days than I have all year,”
The Bruins lost Bergeron to a concussion during last week’s 3-2 win over Ottawa. The reigning Selke winner was hit by Colin Greening in the second period and didn’t return, and has proceeded to miss Boston’s last two games.
The loss has caused a major shakeup in Boston’s forward group, as Bergeron’s visiton, two-way game and faceoff prowess are extremely vital to the unit’s success. Without him, Boston gets noticeably thin down the middle after David Krejci.
Peverley and Kelly are having down years and Gregory Campbell is a checking center. The hope now is that one of the aforementioned two can find their games, and the club is probably looking at Kelly to be the one to do it.
He scored a career-high 20 goals and 39 points last year, but is coming off a broken tibia that sidelined him for nearly a month.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 0
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 19
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20