Apr 8, 2013, 2:47 PM EST
After a forgettable performance at center against Montreal on Saturday, Tyler Seguin is headed back to the wing.
That’s the story out of Boston today, as CSNNE.com reports Seguin — who made headlines when it was learned he’d be centering Brad Marchand and Jaromir Jagr — will be back on right wing tonight when the Bruins take on the ‘Canes.
Seguin finished Saturday’s 2-1 loss with one shot on goal, one giveaway, one faceoff lost and a minus-1 rating.
“I think I’ve given more compliments to [Seguin told CSNNE. “It definitely gives you more appreciation for how hard he works and the little things that he does at his position.”] in the last couple of days than I have all year,”
The Bruins lost Bergeron to a concussion during last week’s 3-2 win over Ottawa. The reigning Selke winner was hit by Colin Greening in the second period and didn’t return, and has proceeded to miss Boston’s last two games.
The loss has caused a major shakeup in Boston’s forward group, as Bergeron’s visiton, two-way game and faceoff prowess are extremely vital to the unit’s success. Without him, Boston gets noticeably thin down the middle after David Krejci.
Peverley and Kelly are having down years and Gregory Campbell is a checking center. The hope now is that one of the aforementioned two can find their games, and the club is probably looking at Kelly to be the one to do it.
He scored a career-high 20 goals and 39 points last year, but is coming off a broken tibia that sidelined him for nearly a month.
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 13
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 11
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 60
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 127
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (60)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)