Apr 8, 2013, 2:47 PM EDT
After a forgettable performance at center against Montreal on Saturday, Tyler Seguin is headed back to the wing.
That’s the story out of Boston today, as CSNNE.com reports Seguin — who made headlines when it was learned he’d be centering Brad Marchand and Jaromir Jagr — will be back on right wing tonight when the Bruins take on the ‘Canes.
Seguin finished Saturday’s 2-1 loss with one shot on goal, one giveaway, one faceoff lost and a minus-1 rating.
“I think I’ve given more compliments to [Seguin told CSNNE. “It definitely gives you more appreciation for how hard he works and the little things that he does at his position.”] in the last couple of days than I have all year,”
The Bruins lost Bergeron to a concussion during last week’s 3-2 win over Ottawa. The reigning Selke winner was hit by Colin Greening in the second period and didn’t return, and has proceeded to miss Boston’s last two games.
The loss has caused a major shakeup in Boston’s forward group, as Bergeron’s visiton, two-way game and faceoff prowess are extremely vital to the unit’s success. Without him, Boston gets noticeably thin down the middle after David Krejci.
Peverley and Kelly are having down years and Gregory Campbell is a checking center. The hope now is that one of the aforementioned two can find their games, and the club is probably looking at Kelly to be the one to do it.
He scored a career-high 20 goals and 39 points last year, but is coming off a broken tibia that sidelined him for nearly a month.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)