Apr 8, 2013, 2:47 PM EDT
After a forgettable performance at center against Montreal on Saturday, Tyler Seguin is headed back to the wing.
That’s the story out of Boston today, as CSNNE.com reports Seguin — who made headlines when it was learned he’d be centering Brad Marchand and Jaromir Jagr — will be back on right wing tonight when the Bruins take on the ‘Canes.
Seguin finished Saturday’s 2-1 loss with one shot on goal, one giveaway, one faceoff lost and a minus-1 rating.
“I think I’ve given more compliments to [Seguin told CSNNE. “It definitely gives you more appreciation for how hard he works and the little things that he does at his position.”] in the last couple of days than I have all year,”
The Bruins lost Bergeron to a concussion during last week’s 3-2 win over Ottawa. The reigning Selke winner was hit by Colin Greening in the second period and didn’t return, and has proceeded to miss Boston’s last two games.
The loss has caused a major shakeup in Boston’s forward group, as Bergeron’s visiton, two-way game and faceoff prowess are extremely vital to the unit’s success. Without him, Boston gets noticeably thin down the middle after David Krejci.
Peverley and Kelly are having down years and Gregory Campbell is a checking center. The hope now is that one of the aforementioned two can find their games, and the club is probably looking at Kelly to be the one to do it.
He scored a career-high 20 goals and 39 points last year, but is coming off a broken tibia that sidelined him for nearly a month.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)