Apr 7, 2013, 10:23 AM EDT
Phoenix Coyotes goalie Mike Smith returned with a bang on Saturday.
Actually, it might be more accurate to call it a “smashing” comeback. He stopped all 24 Colorado Avalanche shots as the Coyotes won 4-0, but most might remember this moment of combined brilliance and rage the most:
So, just to be clear: Smith doesn’t like it when a player (in this case Cody McLeod) takes an extra stab at the puck. It’s probably worth noting that he was banged up from a collision with Alexander Edler, so maybe he’s making a statement that he’s not to be trifled with.
Then again, NHL.com’s Michael Blinn remarks that he might just have been testing out the quality of the stick. That would be awfully thoughtful, don’t you think?
- With Dubinsky locked up, Jackets next task is re-signing Johansen 6
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 26
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 70
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (70)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)