Apr 7, 2013, 10:23 AM EDT
Phoenix Coyotes goalie Mike Smith returned with a bang on Saturday.
Actually, it might be more accurate to call it a “smashing” comeback. He stopped all 24 Colorado Avalanche shots as the Coyotes won 4-0, but most might remember this moment of combined brilliance and rage the most:
So, just to be clear: Smith doesn’t like it when a player (in this case Cody McLeod) takes an extra stab at the puck. It’s probably worth noting that he was banged up from a collision with Alexander Edler, so maybe he’s making a statement that he’s not to be trifled with.
Then again, NHL.com’s Michael Blinn remarks that he might just have been testing out the quality of the stick. That would be awfully thoughtful, don’t you think?
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 11
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 33
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- Erik Haula signs two-year extension with Wild (35)