Apr 7, 2013, 10:23 AM EDT
Phoenix Coyotes goalie Mike Smith returned with a bang on Saturday.
Actually, it might be more accurate to call it a “smashing” comeback. He stopped all 24 Colorado Avalanche shots as the Coyotes won 4-0, but most might remember this moment of combined brilliance and rage the most:
So, just to be clear: Smith doesn’t like it when a player (in this case Cody McLeod) takes an extra stab at the puck. It’s probably worth noting that he was banged up from a collision with Alexander Edler, so maybe he’s making a statement that he’s not to be trifled with.
Then again, NHL.com’s Michael Blinn remarks that he might just have been testing out the quality of the stick. That would be awfully thoughtful, don’t you think?
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 7
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 27
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 16
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)