Apr 7, 2013, 10:23 AM EST
Phoenix Coyotes goalie Mike Smith returned with a bang on Saturday.
Actually, it might be more accurate to call it a “smashing” comeback. He stopped all 24 Colorado Avalanche shots as the Coyotes won 4-0, but most might remember this moment of combined brilliance and rage the most:
So, just to be clear: Smith doesn’t like it when a player (in this case Cody McLeod) takes an extra stab at the puck. It’s probably worth noting that he was banged up from a collision with Alexander Edler, so maybe he’s making a statement that he’s not to be trifled with.
Then again, NHL.com’s Michael Blinn remarks that he might just have been testing out the quality of the stick. That would be awfully thoughtful, don’t you think?
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 0
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 2
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)