Apr 7, 2013, 5:11 PM EDT
People often describe certain polarizing players as the kind of guys you hate … until they’re on your team. It looks like some San Jose Sharks fans aren’t really on board with that idea regarding Raffi Torres just yet.
The Mercury News’ David Pollak reports that the notorious hitter received a mixture of boos and cheers in his first home game with the team.
There isn’t video of his reaction, so let’s assume that he made this face upon hearing the disapproval:
While the team is embracing his inclusion – at least on the record – it appears that some fans either haven’t forgiven him for that hit or are holding his array of other questionable moments (including an infamous check on Marian Hossa) against him.
There’s plenty of time for him to endear himself to Sharks fans, however … which could mean upsetting yet another opposing fan base in the process.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34