Apr 7, 2013, 5:11 PM EST
People often describe certain polarizing players as the kind of guys you hate … until they’re on your team. It looks like some San Jose Sharks fans aren’t really on board with that idea regarding Raffi Torres just yet.
The Mercury News’ David Pollak reports that the notorious hitter received a mixture of boos and cheers in his first home game with the team.
There isn’t video of his reaction, so let’s assume that he made this face upon hearing the disapproval:
While the team is embracing his inclusion – at least on the record – it appears that some fans either haven’t forgiven him for that hit or are holding his array of other questionable moments (including an infamous check on Marian Hossa) against him.
There’s plenty of time for him to endear himself to Sharks fans, however … which could mean upsetting yet another opposing fan base in the process.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54