Apr 7, 2013, 5:11 PM EDT
People often describe certain polarizing players as the kind of guys you hate … until they’re on your team. It looks like some San Jose Sharks fans aren’t really on board with that idea regarding Raffi Torres just yet.
The Mercury News’ David Pollak reports that the notorious hitter received a mixture of boos and cheers in his first home game with the team.
There isn’t video of his reaction, so let’s assume that he made this face upon hearing the disapproval:
While the team is embracing his inclusion – at least on the record – it appears that some fans either haven’t forgiven him for that hit or are holding his array of other questionable moments (including an infamous check on Marian Hossa) against him.
There’s plenty of time for him to endear himself to Sharks fans, however … which could mean upsetting yet another opposing fan base in the process.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 33
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 11
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 34
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)