Apr 7, 2013, 5:11 PM EST
People often describe certain polarizing players as the kind of guys you hate … until they’re on your team. It looks like some San Jose Sharks fans aren’t really on board with that idea regarding Raffi Torres just yet.
The Mercury News’ David Pollak reports that the notorious hitter received a mixture of boos and cheers in his first home game with the team.
There isn’t video of his reaction, so let’s assume that he made this face upon hearing the disapproval:
While the team is embracing his inclusion – at least on the record – it appears that some fans either haven’t forgiven him for that hit or are holding his array of other questionable moments (including an infamous check on Marian Hossa) against him.
There’s plenty of time for him to endear himself to Sharks fans, however … which could mean upsetting yet another opposing fan base in the process.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 55
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 89
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 6
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 85
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 179
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (179)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (89)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (86)