Apr 7, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
Are the rumors true that the 2014 Winter Classic might not be the only outdoor game on the NHL’s 2013-14 schedule?
NHL COO John Collins admitted that the league is looking at it, but stopped well short of any kind of confirmation to Yahoo’s Nick Cotsonika.
“We’ve been talking about it for a while. But I think now we’re looking at it real hard,” Collins said.
He wouldn’t confirm any dates, teams or locations, but did say that more than one outdoor game could happen next season.
The Fourth Period reports there could be one featuring the Los Angeles Kings that would take place at historic Dodger Stadium.
Of course, it’s important to circle back to the fact that Collins confirmed interest in the idea – strong, interest, even – but not official plans.
So don’t get your hopes up too much, yet it’s understandable if you start daydreaming about Dodger dogs and dekes.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 4
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 26
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)