Apr 7, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
Are the rumors true that the 2014 Winter Classic might not be the only outdoor game on the NHL’s 2013-14 schedule?
NHL COO John Collins admitted that the league is looking at it, but stopped well short of any kind of confirmation to Yahoo’s Nick Cotsonika.
“We’ve been talking about it for a while. But I think now we’re looking at it real hard,” Collins said.
He wouldn’t confirm any dates, teams or locations, but did say that more than one outdoor game could happen next season.
The Fourth Period reports there could be one featuring the Los Angeles Kings that would take place at historic Dodger Stadium.
Of course, it’s important to circle back to the fact that Collins confirmed interest in the idea – strong, interest, even – but not official plans.
So don’t get your hopes up too much, yet it’s understandable if you start daydreaming about Dodger dogs and dekes.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 7
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)