Apr 7, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
Are the rumors true that the 2014 Winter Classic might not be the only outdoor game on the NHL’s 2013-14 schedule?
NHL COO John Collins admitted that the league is looking at it, but stopped well short of any kind of confirmation to Yahoo’s Nick Cotsonika.
“We’ve been talking about it for a while. But I think now we’re looking at it real hard,” Collins said.
He wouldn’t confirm any dates, teams or locations, but did say that more than one outdoor game could happen next season.
The Fourth Period reports there could be one featuring the Los Angeles Kings that would take place at historic Dodger Stadium.
Of course, it’s important to circle back to the fact that Collins confirmed interest in the idea – strong, interest, even – but not official plans.
So don’t get your hopes up too much, yet it’s understandable if you start daydreaming about Dodger dogs and dekes.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7