Apr 7, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
Are the rumors true that the 2014 Winter Classic might not be the only outdoor game on the NHL’s 2013-14 schedule?
NHL COO John Collins admitted that the league is looking at it, but stopped well short of any kind of confirmation to Yahoo’s Nick Cotsonika.
“We’ve been talking about it for a while. But I think now we’re looking at it real hard,” Collins said.
He wouldn’t confirm any dates, teams or locations, but did say that more than one outdoor game could happen next season.
The Fourth Period reports there could be one featuring the Los Angeles Kings that would take place at historic Dodger Stadium.
Of course, it’s important to circle back to the fact that Collins confirmed interest in the idea – strong, interest, even – but not official plans.
So don’t get your hopes up too much, yet it’s understandable if you start daydreaming about Dodger dogs and dekes.
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 0
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 50
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)