Apr 7, 2013, 2:20 PM EST
Are the rumors true that the 2014 Winter Classic might not be the only outdoor game on the NHL’s 2013-14 schedule?
NHL COO John Collins admitted that the league is looking at it, but stopped well short of any kind of confirmation to Yahoo’s Nick Cotsonika.
“We’ve been talking about it for a while. But I think now we’re looking at it real hard,” Collins said.
He wouldn’t confirm any dates, teams or locations, but did say that more than one outdoor game could happen next season.
The Fourth Period reports there could be one featuring the Los Angeles Kings that would take place at historic Dodger Stadium.
Of course, it’s important to circle back to the fact that Collins confirmed interest in the idea – strong, interest, even – but not official plans.
So don’t get your hopes up too much, yet it’s understandable if you start daydreaming about Dodger dogs and dekes.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 0
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 45
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 71
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 74
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (72)