Apr 7, 2013, 5:50 PM EDT
Washington Capitals forward Martin Erat was hurt on Saturday when Florida’s Erik Gudbranson pushed him into the boards from behind. If there’s a silver lining though, it’s that he’s not dealing with a concussion, according to the Washington Times.
Instead, Capitals coach Adam Oates said Erat sustained a lower-body injury and will miss tonight’s game against Tampa Bay as a result.
If you missed the hit, you can view it below:
Erat was playing in just his second game with Washington since they acquired him from the Nashville Predators.
The Capitals will also be without Brooks Laich on Sunday, who is also dealing with a lower-body injury.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)