Apr 7, 2013, 5:50 PM EDT
Washington Capitals forward Martin Erat was hurt on Saturday when Florida’s Erik Gudbranson pushed him into the boards from behind. If there’s a silver lining though, it’s that he’s not dealing with a concussion, according to the Washington Times.
Instead, Capitals coach Adam Oates said Erat sustained a lower-body injury and will miss tonight’s game against Tampa Bay as a result.
If you missed the hit, you can view it below:
Erat was playing in just his second game with Washington since they acquired him from the Nashville Predators.
The Capitals will also be without Brooks Laich on Sunday, who is also dealing with a lower-body injury.
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 0
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 0
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 7
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 60
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 61
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 165
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (165)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)