Apr 7, 2013, 5:50 PM EST
Washington Capitals forward Martin Erat was hurt on Saturday when Florida’s Erik Gudbranson pushed him into the boards from behind. If there’s a silver lining though, it’s that he’s not dealing with a concussion, according to the Washington Times.
Instead, Capitals coach Adam Oates said Erat sustained a lower-body injury and will miss tonight’s game against Tampa Bay as a result.
If you missed the hit, you can view it below:
Erat was playing in just his second game with Washington since they acquired him from the Nashville Predators.
The Capitals will also be without Brooks Laich on Sunday, who is also dealing with a lower-body injury.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 7
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)