Apr 7, 2013, 5:50 PM EDT
Washington Capitals forward Martin Erat was hurt on Saturday when Florida’s Erik Gudbranson pushed him into the boards from behind. If there’s a silver lining though, it’s that he’s not dealing with a concussion, according to the Washington Times.
Instead, Capitals coach Adam Oates said Erat sustained a lower-body injury and will miss tonight’s game against Tampa Bay as a result.
If you missed the hit, you can view it below:
Erat was playing in just his second game with Washington since they acquired him from the Nashville Predators.
The Capitals will also be without Brooks Laich on Sunday, who is also dealing with a lower-body injury.
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 1
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 15
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 67
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 33
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 58
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 57
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7