Apr 7, 2013, 5:50 PM EST
Washington Capitals forward Martin Erat was hurt on Saturday when Florida’s Erik Gudbranson pushed him into the boards from behind. If there’s a silver lining though, it’s that he’s not dealing with a concussion, according to the Washington Times.
Instead, Capitals coach Adam Oates said Erat sustained a lower-body injury and will miss tonight’s game against Tampa Bay as a result.
If you missed the hit, you can view it below:
Erat was playing in just his second game with Washington since they acquired him from the Nashville Predators.
The Capitals will also be without Brooks Laich on Sunday, who is also dealing with a lower-body injury.
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 0
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 21
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 36
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 7
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 77
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (77)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)