Apr 7, 2013, 3:13 PM EDT
Blues goaltender Brian Elliott turned aside all 28 shots faced to help St. Louis beat Detroit 1-0 on Sunday, and earn two critical points in the process.
Elliott entered this game with a 3.43 GAA and hadn’t silenced an opposing team since March 27, 2012. Chris Porter scored just his second goal of the season, although both of them have been game winners.
- This was the last regular season game that the Detroit Red Wings and St. Louis Blues will play as Central Division rivals. They won’t be in the same conference when the NHL realigns for the 2013-14 campaign.
- Elliott is one of the streakiest goaltenders in recent memory. He struggled earlier this year. With Jaroslav Halak sidelined, will Elliott stay hot down the stretch?
- Defenseman Jay Bouwmeester logged 21:33 minutes in this game. He’s played in 753 NHL games with three different teams, but has never appeared in the playoff contest. After being acquired by the St. Louis Blues, that might finally changed in 2013.
- The Detroit Red Wings got hurt late in the game by one of this season’s new rules. Defenseman Niklas Kronwall got assessed a two-minute minor at 17:52 of the third period for closing his hand on the puck. Consequently, Detroit spent most of the final two minutes playing five-on-five with the Blues despite the fact that they pulled goaltender Jimmy Howard.
- With this win, St. Louis has leapfrogged over Detroit to claim seventh place in the Western Conference
Jul 7, 2015, 7:50 PM EDT
Both contracts are two-ways.
Jul 7, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
That might take a while.
Jul 7, 2015, 5:19 PM EDT
The doctor, Kozlov, allegedly has a suspected head injury.
Jul 7, 2015, 4:07 PM EDT
Backes and Schwartz have one season left on their contracts.
Jul 7, 2015, 2:38 PM EDT
Was most recently an assistant under Randy Carlyle in Toronto.
Jul 7, 2015, 1:09 PM EDT
Coming off a 37-goal season.
Jul 7, 2015, 1:08 PM EDT
“He’s a reliable depth forward who we know is capable of contributing offensively at either level.”
Jul 7, 2015, 12:41 PM EDT
It’s been a long negotiation.
Jul 7, 2015, 11:59 AM EDT
Stepped in to play the final four games of the Stanley Cup Final.
Jul 7, 2015, 10:41 AM EDT
Milwaukee is trying to get a new arena built.
Jul 7, 2015, 10:05 AM EDT
Jarmo Kekalainen brings a local boy into the organization.
Jul 7, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
“He’s obviously a great talent.”
Jul 7, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
In ESPN’s The Body Issue, of course.
Jul 6, 2015, 11:22 PM EDT
“It happened pretty fast. All of a sudden two fingers are not working.”
Jul 6, 2015, 9:59 PM EDT
25-year-old defenseman struggled mightily last season.
Jul 6, 2015, 8:48 PM EDT
Connor McDavid’s running mate in Erie was the OHL’s leading scorer last season.
Jul 6, 2015, 7:25 PM EDT
Quebec City and Las Vegas have already expressed interest.
Jul 6, 2015, 6:08 PM EDT
Russian forward is coming off a solid rookie campaign.
Jul 6, 2015, 5:48 PM EDT
It’s now a crowded crease in Edmonton.
Jul 6, 2015, 5:26 PM EDT
For the third straight year.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 69
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 32
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (92)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (72)