Apr 7, 2013, 3:13 PM EDT
Blues goaltender Brian Elliott turned aside all 28 shots faced to help St. Louis beat Detroit 1-0 on Sunday, and earn two critical points in the process.
Elliott entered this game with a 3.43 GAA and hadn’t silenced an opposing team since March 27, 2012. Chris Porter scored just his second goal of the season, although both of them have been game winners.
- This was the last regular season game that the Detroit Red Wings and St. Louis Blues will play as Central Division rivals. They won’t be in the same conference when the NHL realigns for the 2013-14 campaign.
- Elliott is one of the streakiest goaltenders in recent memory. He struggled earlier this year. With Jaroslav Halak sidelined, will Elliott stay hot down the stretch?
- Defenseman Jay Bouwmeester logged 21:33 minutes in this game. He’s played in 753 NHL games with three different teams, but has never appeared in the playoff contest. After being acquired by the St. Louis Blues, that might finally changed in 2013.
- The Detroit Red Wings got hurt late in the game by one of this season’s new rules. Defenseman Niklas Kronwall got assessed a two-minute minor at 17:52 of the third period for closing his hand on the puck. Consequently, Detroit spent most of the final two minutes playing five-on-five with the Blues despite the fact that they pulled goaltender Jimmy Howard.
- With this win, St. Louis has leapfrogged over Detroit to claim seventh place in the Western Conference
Mar 9, 2014, 1:09 AM EDT
A much-needed victory for Vancouver.
Mar 9, 2014, 12:14 AM EDT
Short ones on Saturday.
Mar 8, 2014, 11:32 PM EDT
Roberto Luongo: quiet, so far.
Mar 8, 2014, 11:27 PM EDT
Tyler Seguin is just on fire right now.
Mar 8, 2014, 11:09 PM EDT
Dallas scored once on the resulting five-minute major penalty.
Mar 8, 2014, 10:59 PM EDT
Seeding battles heat up.
Mar 8, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
Jaroslav Halak wins in his Washington debut.
Mar 8, 2014, 9:40 PM EDT
He scored the game-winner for New Jersey against Carolina.
Mar 8, 2014, 8:53 PM EDT
A solid Saturday for the Sens.
Mar 8, 2014, 8:24 PM EDT
His No. 9 ascends to the rafters.
Mar 8, 2014, 8:11 PM EDT
His latest acquisitions Matt Moulson and Cody McCormick are set to debut Saturday.
Mar 8, 2014, 7:39 PM EDT
Sounds like he’ll take his talents to Europe instead.
Mar 8, 2014, 6:37 PM EDT
He was diagnosed with bacterial meningitis earlier this month.
Mar 8, 2014, 6:16 PM EDT
Craig Anderson made 46 saves on Saturday.
Mar 8, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
Making a strong first impression in St. Louis.
Mar 8, 2014, 4:55 PM EDT
Petr Mrazek will backup Jimmy Howard.
Mar 8, 2014, 4:28 PM EDT
The Leafs have called up Frazer McLaren.
Mar 8, 2014, 3:49 PM EDT
She had a 0.96 GAA and .954 save percentage in the Olympics.
Mar 8, 2014, 3:21 PM EDT
He suffered the injury last Saturday.
Mar 8, 2014, 2:42 PM EDT
He might not be ready for the start of the playoffs either, should Columbus get that far.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)