Apr 7, 2013, 1:23 PM EST
Any type of New Jersey Devils loss would clinch a playoff berth for the Pittsburgh Penguins, according to the NHL’s Twitter feed.
If that doesn’t work out, the Penguins’ next point would do the trick.
Pittsburgh currently has 58 standing points while the Devils are in 10th in the East with 39. The ninth-place Winnipeg Jets have 40, but would make out with 56 points if they won their remaining eight games.
NBC Sports Network will televise the Devils game against the Buffalo Sabres starting at 7:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, so if you hear some random cheers in Pittsburgh, it might be because of a Sabres victory.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)