Apr 7, 2013, 2:42 PM EDT
It’s been a while since we’ve heard an update on the Phoenix Coyotes, particularly one that was high on optimism and low on details.
Gary Bettman changed that on Sunday, telling Yahoo’s Nick Cotsonika the following:
Bettman on Coyotes: “There seems to be more interest at this particular point in time than we’ve seen throughout the process.”
— Nick Cotsonika (@cotsonika) April 7, 2013
Of course, that’s all he provided. He didn’t mention any names, figures or other specifics regarding the NHL’s never-ending story.
Still, take that for what it’s worth; it sounds like there’s some positivity regarding the troubled franchise. That mood could very well change by the next update, though.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35