Apr 7, 2013, 2:42 PM EDT
It’s been a while since we’ve heard an update on the Phoenix Coyotes, particularly one that was high on optimism and low on details.
Gary Bettman changed that on Sunday, telling Yahoo’s Nick Cotsonika the following:
Bettman on Coyotes: “There seems to be more interest at this particular point in time than we’ve seen throughout the process.”
— Nick Cotsonika (@cotsonika) April 7, 2013
Of course, that’s all he provided. He didn’t mention any names, figures or other specifics regarding the NHL’s never-ending story.
Still, take that for what it’s worth; it sounds like there’s some positivity regarding the troubled franchise. That mood could very well change by the next update, though.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)