Apr 7, 2013, 2:42 PM EST
It’s been a while since we’ve heard an update on the Phoenix Coyotes, particularly one that was high on optimism and low on details.
Gary Bettman changed that on Sunday, telling Yahoo’s Nick Cotsonika the following:
Bettman on Coyotes: “There seems to be more interest at this particular point in time than we’ve seen throughout the process.”
— Nick Cotsonika (@cotsonika) April 7, 2013
Of course, that’s all he provided. He didn’t mention any names, figures or other specifics regarding the NHL’s never-ending story.
Still, take that for what it’s worth; it sounds like there’s some positivity regarding the troubled franchise. That mood could very well change by the next update, though.
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 11
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 26
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 8
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)