Apr 6, 2013, 8:06 PM EDT
The incident occurred on Emelin’s fifth shift of the game, at the midway point of the first period. The Montreal blueliner looked as though he tried to hit Lucic, but ended up taking the worst of it:
At the end of the first, the Canadiens said Emelin had suffered a lower-body injury and wouldn’t return.
It’s a tough blow for the Habs, as they came into tonight’s game already down the services of injured defenseman Raphael Diaz, and only recently got Yannick Weber back after he missed nine games with a lower-body injury.
As a result of the Emelin incident, Montreal will now be forced to finish the game with just five healthy rearguards: Josh Gorges, PK Subban, Andrei Markov, Francis Bouillon and newly-acquired Davis Drewiske.
Of note, this isn’t Emelin’s first run-in with the Bruins this season.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Emelin also got into it last night during a spirited scrap with Winnipeg’s Evander Kane.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 0
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 1
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 4
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5