Apr 6, 2013, 7:35 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks will get an added punch to the lineup tonight against Calgary as forwards Mason Raymond and Dale Weise will return to action.
Shoulder injuries caused both to miss significant time. Raymond had missed the last two games while Weise had been held out of the last six contests, forcing the Canucks to play the likes of Steven Pinizzotto (who’ll be a healthy scratch tonight) and Nicklas Jensen (who’s been returned to AHL Chicago).
“It’s great to get back out there,” Raymond told the Canucks website. “I had a good couple of games rest and it helped me improve.”
“I took contact yesterday in practice and it responded pretty well this morning,” Weise added. “I went again this morning and everything is A-OK so I’m good to go tonight.”
The Canucks, meanwhile, will look to move four points clear of Minnesota in the Northwest Division. The Wild have lost three straight and don’t play again until a Sunday affair in Columbus.
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 2
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 8
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 13
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 51
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 49
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 25
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 66
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (79)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)