Apr 6, 2013, 7:35 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks will get an added punch to the lineup tonight against Calgary as forwards Mason Raymond and Dale Weise will return to action.
Shoulder injuries caused both to miss significant time. Raymond had missed the last two games while Weise had been held out of the last six contests, forcing the Canucks to play the likes of Steven Pinizzotto (who’ll be a healthy scratch tonight) and Nicklas Jensen (who’s been returned to AHL Chicago).
“It’s great to get back out there,” Raymond told the Canucks website. “I had a good couple of games rest and it helped me improve.”
“I took contact yesterday in practice and it responded pretty well this morning,” Weise added. “I went again this morning and everything is A-OK so I’m good to go tonight.”
The Canucks, meanwhile, will look to move four points clear of Minnesota in the Northwest Division. The Wild have lost three straight and don’t play again until a Sunday affair in Columbus.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)