Apr 6, 2013, 7:35 PM EST
The Vancouver Canucks will get an added punch to the lineup tonight against Calgary as forwards Mason Raymond and Dale Weise will return to action.
Shoulder injuries caused both to miss significant time. Raymond had missed the last two games while Weise had been held out of the last six contests, forcing the Canucks to play the likes of Steven Pinizzotto (who’ll be a healthy scratch tonight) and Nicklas Jensen (who’s been returned to AHL Chicago).
“It’s great to get back out there,” Raymond told the Canucks website. “I had a good couple of games rest and it helped me improve.”
“I took contact yesterday in practice and it responded pretty well this morning,” Weise added. “I went again this morning and everything is A-OK so I’m good to go tonight.”
The Canucks, meanwhile, will look to move four points clear of Minnesota in the Northwest Division. The Wild have lost three straight and don’t play again until a Sunday affair in Columbus.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8