Apr 6, 2013, 7:35 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks will get an added punch to the lineup tonight against Calgary as forwards Mason Raymond and Dale Weise will return to action.
Shoulder injuries caused both to miss significant time. Raymond had missed the last two games while Weise had been held out of the last six contests, forcing the Canucks to play the likes of Steven Pinizzotto (who’ll be a healthy scratch tonight) and Nicklas Jensen (who’s been returned to AHL Chicago).
“It’s great to get back out there,” Raymond told the Canucks website. “I had a good couple of games rest and it helped me improve.”
“I took contact yesterday in practice and it responded pretty well this morning,” Weise added. “I went again this morning and everything is A-OK so I’m good to go tonight.”
The Canucks, meanwhile, will look to move four points clear of Minnesota in the Northwest Division. The Wild have lost three straight and don’t play again until a Sunday affair in Columbus.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 6
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)