Apr 6, 2013, 7:35 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks will get an added punch to the lineup tonight against Calgary as forwards Mason Raymond and Dale Weise will return to action.
Shoulder injuries caused both to miss significant time. Raymond had missed the last two games while Weise had been held out of the last six contests, forcing the Canucks to play the likes of Steven Pinizzotto (who’ll be a healthy scratch tonight) and Nicklas Jensen (who’s been returned to AHL Chicago).
“It’s great to get back out there,” Raymond told the Canucks website. “I had a good couple of games rest and it helped me improve.”
“I took contact yesterday in practice and it responded pretty well this morning,” Weise added. “I went again this morning and everything is A-OK so I’m good to go tonight.”
The Canucks, meanwhile, will look to move four points clear of Minnesota in the Northwest Division. The Wild have lost three straight and don’t play again until a Sunday affair in Columbus.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 14
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 22
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (47)