Apr 6, 2013, 1:42 PM EDT
Del Zotto didn’t receive a penalty when the hit was initially delivered and the NHL hasn’t scheduled a hearing with him, according to CBC’s Elliotte Friedman. Meanwhile, the Rangers are scheduled to play tonight in Carolina.
The incident occurred in the third period when Del Zotto raised his elbow as Neal collided into him from behind.
“I think they just dumped (the puck) in, and I knew I was going to get hit on the forecheck,” Del Zotto said. “I just tried to kind of reverse hit and brace myself. I’m not sure exactly what happened.”
If you missed the hit, you can view it below:
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 10
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 36
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12