Apr 6, 2013, 1:42 PM EDT
Del Zotto didn’t receive a penalty when the hit was initially delivered and the NHL hasn’t scheduled a hearing with him, according to CBC’s Elliotte Friedman. Meanwhile, the Rangers are scheduled to play tonight in Carolina.
The incident occurred in the third period when Del Zotto raised his elbow as Neal collided into him from behind.
“I think they just dumped (the puck) in, and I knew I was going to get hit on the forecheck,” Del Zotto said. “I just tried to kind of reverse hit and brace myself. I’m not sure exactly what happened.”
If you missed the hit, you can view it below:
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 15
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28