Apr 6, 2013, 1:42 PM EDT
Del Zotto didn’t receive a penalty when the hit was initially delivered and the NHL hasn’t scheduled a hearing with him, according to CBC’s Elliotte Friedman. Meanwhile, the Rangers are scheduled to play tonight in Carolina.
The incident occurred in the third period when Del Zotto raised his elbow as Neal collided into him from behind.
“I think they just dumped (the puck) in, and I knew I was going to get hit on the forecheck,” Del Zotto said. “I just tried to kind of reverse hit and brace myself. I’m not sure exactly what happened.”
If you missed the hit, you can view it below:
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 2
- In praise of John Tavares 11
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 20
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36