Apr 6, 2013, 1:42 PM EDT
Del Zotto didn’t receive a penalty when the hit was initially delivered and the NHL hasn’t scheduled a hearing with him, according to CBC’s Elliotte Friedman. Meanwhile, the Rangers are scheduled to play tonight in Carolina.
The incident occurred in the third period when Del Zotto raised his elbow as Neal collided into him from behind.
“I think they just dumped (the puck) in, and I knew I was going to get hit on the forecheck,” Del Zotto said. “I just tried to kind of reverse hit and brace myself. I’m not sure exactly what happened.”
If you missed the hit, you can view it below:
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 93
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5