Apr 6, 2013, 4:51 PM EDT
There were probably plenty of people within the New York Rangers’ organization that went to sleep last night wondering if Henrik Lundqvist‘s hamstring injury would be serious.
Lundqvist sustained the ailment while making a shootout save during Friday’s loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins.
“We’ll see how it feels tomorrow,” Lundqvist after the contest. “Hopefully it’s nothing.”
The Rangers had a very lightly attended optional morning skate on Saturday and Lundqvist didn’t take part in it, but afterwards Lundqvist said his hamstring isn’t an issue, according to the Bergen Record.
The New York Rangers haven’t revealed who will start on Saturday, but it sounds like Lundqvist will at least be an option. However, because he played on Wednesday and Friday, it wouldn’t be shocking to see him get a breather against Carolina.
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 0
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 20
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8