Apr 6, 2013, 4:51 PM EDT
There were probably plenty of people within the New York Rangers’ organization that went to sleep last night wondering if Henrik Lundqvist‘s hamstring injury would be serious.
Lundqvist sustained the ailment while making a shootout save during Friday’s loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins.
“We’ll see how it feels tomorrow,” Lundqvist after the contest. “Hopefully it’s nothing.”
The Rangers had a very lightly attended optional morning skate on Saturday and Lundqvist didn’t take part in it, but afterwards Lundqvist said his hamstring isn’t an issue, according to the Bergen Record.
The New York Rangers haven’t revealed who will start on Saturday, but it sounds like Lundqvist will at least be an option. However, because he played on Wednesday and Friday, it wouldn’t be shocking to see him get a breather against Carolina.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)