Apr 6, 2013, 4:51 PM EDT
There were probably plenty of people within the New York Rangers’ organization that went to sleep last night wondering if Henrik Lundqvist‘s hamstring injury would be serious.
Lundqvist sustained the ailment while making a shootout save during Friday’s loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins.
“We’ll see how it feels tomorrow,” Lundqvist after the contest. “Hopefully it’s nothing.”
The Rangers had a very lightly attended optional morning skate on Saturday and Lundqvist didn’t take part in it, but afterwards Lundqvist said his hamstring isn’t an issue, according to the Bergen Record.
The New York Rangers haven’t revealed who will start on Saturday, but it sounds like Lundqvist will at least be an option. However, because he played on Wednesday and Friday, it wouldn’t be shocking to see him get a breather against Carolina.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)