Apr 6, 2013, 4:51 PM EDT
There were probably plenty of people within the New York Rangers’ organization that went to sleep last night wondering if Henrik Lundqvist‘s hamstring injury would be serious.
Lundqvist sustained the ailment while making a shootout save during Friday’s loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins.
“We’ll see how it feels tomorrow,” Lundqvist after the contest. “Hopefully it’s nothing.”
The Rangers had a very lightly attended optional morning skate on Saturday and Lundqvist didn’t take part in it, but afterwards Lundqvist said his hamstring isn’t an issue, according to the Bergen Record.
The New York Rangers haven’t revealed who will start on Saturday, but it sounds like Lundqvist will at least be an option. However, because he played on Wednesday and Friday, it wouldn’t be shocking to see him get a breather against Carolina.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 5
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 33
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 55
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (55)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)