Apr 6, 2013, 4:51 PM EDT
There were probably plenty of people within the New York Rangers’ organization that went to sleep last night wondering if Henrik Lundqvist‘s hamstring injury would be serious.
Lundqvist sustained the ailment while making a shootout save during Friday’s loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins.
“We’ll see how it feels tomorrow,” Lundqvist after the contest. “Hopefully it’s nothing.”
The Rangers had a very lightly attended optional morning skate on Saturday and Lundqvist didn’t take part in it, but afterwards Lundqvist said his hamstring isn’t an issue, according to the Bergen Record.
The New York Rangers haven’t revealed who will start on Saturday, but it sounds like Lundqvist will at least be an option. However, because he played on Wednesday and Friday, it wouldn’t be shocking to see him get a breather against Carolina.
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 3
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 23
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 38
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)