Apr 6, 2013, 4:23 PM EDT
This season certainly hasn’t gone Ryan Kesler‘s way. He wasn’t able to play in the Vancouver Canucks’ first 12 contests after undergoing shoulder and wrist surgeries.
Now he’s skating and trying to return from a broken bone in his foot that’s sidelined him since Feb. 26.
“Obviously being out there you want to play tonight but that’s not realistic,” Kesler told the Vancouver Province. “I am itching, I am itching big time. It’s been a tough year for me but everything happens for a reason.
“My goal is to get some games in before playoffs and feel good about my game heading into playoffs.”
The Canucks haven’t speculated on when he might return, although Sportsnet’s Dan Murphy reported on Monday that Kesler “could be back in a week.”
Kesler has played in just seven games this season and his absence created a hole for Vancouver up the middle. Canucks GM Mike Gillis recently addressed that issue by acquiring Derek Roy from the Dallas Stars.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 27
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 26
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)