Apr 5, 2013, 1:39 AM EDT
Winnipeg Jets winger Evander Kane is quietly rounding into form as one of the league’s best young forwards. Well, he slips under the radar when he’s not furiously pummeling people, at least.
The Habs got the last laugh with a 4-1 win on Thursday, but wow. Kane received a game misconduct along with his fighting major for that altercation.
It’s worth noting that Zdeno Chara drew criticism for fighting Emelin because the blueliner had his orbital bone rebuilt with a metal plate after a KHL fight in 2009, yet it seems like the guy just gets under people’s skin enough that he might open himself up to needing future repairs.
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 28
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 6
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3