Apr 5, 2013, 1:39 AM EDT
Winnipeg Jets winger Evander Kane is quietly rounding into form as one of the league’s best young forwards. Well, he slips under the radar when he’s not furiously pummeling people, at least.
The Habs got the last laugh with a 4-1 win on Thursday, but wow. Kane received a game misconduct along with his fighting major for that altercation.
It’s worth noting that Zdeno Chara drew criticism for fighting Emelin because the blueliner had his orbital bone rebuilt with a metal plate after a KHL fight in 2009, yet it seems like the guy just gets under people’s skin enough that he might open himself up to needing future repairs.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 24
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 36
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)