Apr 5, 2013, 1:39 AM EDT
Winnipeg Jets winger Evander Kane is quietly rounding into form as one of the league’s best young forwards. Well, he slips under the radar when he’s not furiously pummeling people, at least.
The Habs got the last laugh with a 4-1 win on Thursday, but wow. Kane received a game misconduct along with his fighting major for that altercation.
It’s worth noting that Zdeno Chara drew criticism for fighting Emelin because the blueliner had his orbital bone rebuilt with a metal plate after a KHL fight in 2009, yet it seems like the guy just gets under people’s skin enough that he might open himself up to needing future repairs.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5