Apr 5, 2013, 1:39 AM EDT
Winnipeg Jets winger Evander Kane is quietly rounding into form as one of the league’s best young forwards. Well, he slips under the radar when he’s not furiously pummeling people, at least.
The Habs got the last laugh with a 4-1 win on Thursday, but wow. Kane received a game misconduct along with his fighting major for that altercation.
It’s worth noting that Zdeno Chara drew criticism for fighting Emelin because the blueliner had his orbital bone rebuilt with a metal plate after a KHL fight in 2009, yet it seems like the guy just gets under people’s skin enough that he might open himself up to needing future repairs.
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 2
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 10
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 30
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 12
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)