Apr 5, 2013, 1:39 AM EDT
Winnipeg Jets winger Evander Kane is quietly rounding into form as one of the league’s best young forwards. Well, he slips under the radar when he’s not furiously pummeling people, at least.
The Habs got the last laugh with a 4-1 win on Thursday, but wow. Kane received a game misconduct along with his fighting major for that altercation.
It’s worth noting that Zdeno Chara drew criticism for fighting Emelin because the blueliner had his orbital bone rebuilt with a metal plate after a KHL fight in 2009, yet it seems like the guy just gets under people’s skin enough that he might open himself up to needing future repairs.
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 0
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 40
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 12
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 34
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)