Apr 5, 2013, 7:33 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks added a couple college free agents on Friday, including the NCAA’s leading scorer Rylan Schwartz (pictured). They also signed forward Eriah Hayes from Minnesota State University.
Schwartz is the brother of St. Louis Blues prospect Jaden Schwartz. He scored 53 points as a senior at Colorado College this season. Here’s what Doug Wilson had to say about the 23-year-old, via a team release:
“Rylan had a very impressive season with Colorado College under head coach Scott Owens,” Wilson said. “He has improved each of his four collegiate seasons and we look forward to helping him continue to develop and advance his career.”
Wilson also praised Hayes, 24, who scored 36 points in 41 games.
“Eriah has had an outstanding collegiate career under the tutelage of both Mike Hastings and Troy Jutting, along with their staffs, and we are excited to add him to our prospect pool,” Wilson said. “His leadership this season as one of the team captain’s is something we feel will help him with his professional development, and we are excited to be a part of that process.”
No word regarding the likelihood of either forward making an impact on the NHL roster this season.
(Photo via WCHA.com.)
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 12
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)