Apr 5, 2013, 7:33 PM EST
The San Jose Sharks added a couple college free agents on Friday, including the NCAA’s leading scorer Rylan Schwartz (pictured). They also signed forward Eriah Hayes from Minnesota State University.
Schwartz is the brother of St. Louis Blues prospect Jaden Schwartz. He scored 53 points as a senior at Colorado College this season. Here’s what Doug Wilson had to say about the 23-year-old, via a team release:
“Rylan had a very impressive season with Colorado College under head coach Scott Owens,” Wilson said. “He has improved each of his four collegiate seasons and we look forward to helping him continue to develop and advance his career.”
Wilson also praised Hayes, 24, who scored 36 points in 41 games.
“Eriah has had an outstanding collegiate career under the tutelage of both Mike Hastings and Troy Jutting, along with their staffs, and we are excited to add him to our prospect pool,” Wilson said. “His leadership this season as one of the team captain’s is something we feel will help him with his professional development, and we are excited to be a part of that process.”
No word regarding the likelihood of either forward making an impact on the NHL roster this season.
(Photo via WCHA.com.)
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 18
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 6
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 34
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 41
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 12
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 64
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 21
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (167)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)