Apr 5, 2013, 7:33 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks added a couple college free agents on Friday, including the NCAA’s leading scorer Rylan Schwartz (pictured). They also signed forward Eriah Hayes from Minnesota State University.
Schwartz is the brother of St. Louis Blues prospect Jaden Schwartz. He scored 53 points as a senior at Colorado College this season. Here’s what Doug Wilson had to say about the 23-year-old, via a team release:
“Rylan had a very impressive season with Colorado College under head coach Scott Owens,” Wilson said. “He has improved each of his four collegiate seasons and we look forward to helping him continue to develop and advance his career.”
Wilson also praised Hayes, 24, who scored 36 points in 41 games.
“Eriah has had an outstanding collegiate career under the tutelage of both Mike Hastings and Troy Jutting, along with their staffs, and we are excited to add him to our prospect pool,” Wilson said. “His leadership this season as one of the team captain’s is something we feel will help him with his professional development, and we are excited to be a part of that process.”
No word regarding the likelihood of either forward making an impact on the NHL roster this season.
(Photo via WCHA.com.)
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)