Apr 5, 2013, 7:33 PM EST
The San Jose Sharks added a couple college free agents on Friday, including the NCAA’s leading scorer Rylan Schwartz (pictured). They also signed forward Eriah Hayes from Minnesota State University.
Schwartz is the brother of St. Louis Blues prospect Jaden Schwartz. He scored 53 points as a senior at Colorado College this season. Here’s what Doug Wilson had to say about the 23-year-old, via a team release:
“Rylan had a very impressive season with Colorado College under head coach Scott Owens,” Wilson said. “He has improved each of his four collegiate seasons and we look forward to helping him continue to develop and advance his career.”
Wilson also praised Hayes, 24, who scored 36 points in 41 games.
“Eriah has had an outstanding collegiate career under the tutelage of both Mike Hastings and Troy Jutting, along with their staffs, and we are excited to add him to our prospect pool,” Wilson said. “His leadership this season as one of the team captain’s is something we feel will help him with his professional development, and we are excited to be a part of that process.”
No word regarding the likelihood of either forward making an impact on the NHL roster this season.
(Photo via WCHA.com.)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 60
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 87
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (87)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (79)