Apr 5, 2013, 7:33 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks added a couple college free agents on Friday, including the NCAA’s leading scorer Rylan Schwartz (pictured). They also signed forward Eriah Hayes from Minnesota State University.
Schwartz is the brother of St. Louis Blues prospect Jaden Schwartz. He scored 53 points as a senior at Colorado College this season. Here’s what Doug Wilson had to say about the 23-year-old, via a team release:
“Rylan had a very impressive season with Colorado College under head coach Scott Owens,” Wilson said. “He has improved each of his four collegiate seasons and we look forward to helping him continue to develop and advance his career.”
Wilson also praised Hayes, 24, who scored 36 points in 41 games.
“Eriah has had an outstanding collegiate career under the tutelage of both Mike Hastings and Troy Jutting, along with their staffs, and we are excited to add him to our prospect pool,” Wilson said. “His leadership this season as one of the team captain’s is something we feel will help him with his professional development, and we are excited to be a part of that process.”
No word regarding the likelihood of either forward making an impact on the NHL roster this season.
(Photo via WCHA.com.)
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 3
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 25
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 31
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 36
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)