Apr 5, 2013, 6:48 PM EDT
By just about any metric, March 9 was a tough night for the Nashville Predators. Their team lost to the Minnesota Wild via a shootout in Ryan Suter‘s awkward return and Colin Wilson suffered what looked like a shoulder injury on that same night.
The 23-year-old center hasn’t played – or skated with the team – since, leaving head coach Barry Trotz uncertain about whether he’ll play another game this season, the Tennessean reports.
“I don’t know,” Trotz said. “When I see him on the ice for us with a sweater on, then I think he’ll have a chance to go.”
Trotz did wager that Wilson will play again in the 2013 campaign, but didn’t seem particularly convincing. With the way the Predators’ season is going, it might not be worth the risk.
Some might look at the loss of Wilson as the straw that broke the camel’s back for Nashville. While he’s not a household name, he had 19 points in 25 games. Even with almost a month of inactivity, that ties him with Mike Fisher for third place in team scoring.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 33
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 23
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 66
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (66)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)