Apr 5, 2013, 6:48 PM EST
By just about any metric, March 9 was a tough night for the Nashville Predators. Their team lost to the Minnesota Wild via a shootout in Ryan Suter‘s awkward return and Colin Wilson suffered what looked like a shoulder injury on that same night.
The 23-year-old center hasn’t played – or skated with the team – since, leaving head coach Barry Trotz uncertain about whether he’ll play another game this season, the Tennessean reports.
“I don’t know,” Trotz said. “When I see him on the ice for us with a sweater on, then I think he’ll have a chance to go.”
Trotz did wager that Wilson will play again in the 2013 campaign, but didn’t seem particularly convincing. With the way the Predators’ season is going, it might not be worth the risk.
Some might look at the loss of Wilson as the straw that broke the camel’s back for Nashville. While he’s not a household name, he had 19 points in 25 games. Even with almost a month of inactivity, that ties him with Mike Fisher for third place in team scoring.
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 1
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)