Apr 5, 2013, 6:48 PM EST
By just about any metric, March 9 was a tough night for the Nashville Predators. Their team lost to the Minnesota Wild via a shootout in Ryan Suter‘s awkward return and Colin Wilson suffered what looked like a shoulder injury on that same night.
The 23-year-old center hasn’t played – or skated with the team – since, leaving head coach Barry Trotz uncertain about whether he’ll play another game this season, the Tennessean reports.
“I don’t know,” Trotz said. “When I see him on the ice for us with a sweater on, then I think he’ll have a chance to go.”
Trotz did wager that Wilson will play again in the 2013 campaign, but didn’t seem particularly convincing. With the way the Predators’ season is going, it might not be worth the risk.
Some might look at the loss of Wilson as the straw that broke the camel’s back for Nashville. While he’s not a household name, he had 19 points in 25 games. Even with almost a month of inactivity, that ties him with Mike Fisher for third place in team scoring.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 44
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 68
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)