Apr 5, 2013, 6:48 PM EDT
By just about any metric, March 9 was a tough night for the Nashville Predators. Their team lost to the Minnesota Wild via a shootout in Ryan Suter‘s awkward return and Colin Wilson suffered what looked like a shoulder injury on that same night.
The 23-year-old center hasn’t played – or skated with the team – since, leaving head coach Barry Trotz uncertain about whether he’ll play another game this season, the Tennessean reports.
“I don’t know,” Trotz said. “When I see him on the ice for us with a sweater on, then I think he’ll have a chance to go.”
Trotz did wager that Wilson will play again in the 2013 campaign, but didn’t seem particularly convincing. With the way the Predators’ season is going, it might not be worth the risk.
Some might look at the loss of Wilson as the straw that broke the camel’s back for Nashville. While he’s not a household name, he had 19 points in 25 games. Even with almost a month of inactivity, that ties him with Mike Fisher for third place in team scoring.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 15
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 46
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 20
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 34
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)