Apr 5, 2013, 6:48 PM EDT
By just about any metric, March 9 was a tough night for the Nashville Predators. Their team lost to the Minnesota Wild via a shootout in Ryan Suter‘s awkward return and Colin Wilson suffered what looked like a shoulder injury on that same night.
The 23-year-old center hasn’t played – or skated with the team – since, leaving head coach Barry Trotz uncertain about whether he’ll play another game this season, the Tennessean reports.
“I don’t know,” Trotz said. “When I see him on the ice for us with a sweater on, then I think he’ll have a chance to go.”
Trotz did wager that Wilson will play again in the 2013 campaign, but didn’t seem particularly convincing. With the way the Predators’ season is going, it might not be worth the risk.
Some might look at the loss of Wilson as the straw that broke the camel’s back for Nashville. While he’s not a household name, he had 19 points in 25 games. Even with almost a month of inactivity, that ties him with Mike Fisher for third place in team scoring.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 25
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 23
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 36
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (68)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)