Apr 5, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
The Toronto Maple Leafs are still trying to diagnose Joffrey Lupul after the 29-year-old forward was injured last night against the Flyers.
While Leafs coach Randy Carlyle today refused to call it a concussion (or anything specific) before the evaluation was completed, the play had all the makings of one.
Lupul left Thursday’s game in the first period after he was sandwiched between two Flyers players. He didn’t practice today and it’s being reported he won’t participate in Saturday’s game in New Jersey.
Lupul has already missed 25 games with a forearm injury. He also has a concussion history, having suffered one in 2008 when he was with Philadelphia.
Carlyle on Lupul having concussion: “No that’s a bad word. We don’t use that word until we’re 100 per cent sure on any of those situations.”
— James Mirtle (@mirtle) April 5, 2013
For now, the Leafs are saying Lupul is day-to-day with an upper-body injury.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)