Apr 5, 2013, 11:05 AM EDT
A four-game winning streak has Philadelphia’s playoff chances all the way up to 25.5 percent, according to Sports Club Stats.
While the Flyers remain a long shot to be playing past April, their odds are considerably shorter than they were last week when they bottomed out at 2.4 percent.
Philadelphia — now 11th in the Eastern Conference, two points back of the eighth-place Rangers — has 11 games left to complete the comeback. The Flyers play Saturday in Winnipeg against a Jets side that’s lost five straight in regulation and Tuesday on the road against an Islanders team that’s one of the pleasant surprises of the season.
A 5-3 win over the Maple Leafs last night in Toronto had Philadelphia coach Peter Laviolette raving about his reinvigorated team, which also beat Montreal the night before.
“Shift after shift, nobody wants to let each other down with the work ethic right now,” Laviolette said. “It was a good win. It was a good win on the back-to-back.”
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)