Apr 5, 2013, 11:05 AM EDT
A four-game winning streak has Philadelphia’s playoff chances all the way up to 25.5 percent, according to Sports Club Stats.
While the Flyers remain a long shot to be playing past April, their odds are considerably shorter than they were last week when they bottomed out at 2.4 percent.
Philadelphia — now 11th in the Eastern Conference, two points back of the eighth-place Rangers — has 11 games left to complete the comeback. The Flyers play Saturday in Winnipeg against a Jets side that’s lost five straight in regulation and Tuesday on the road against an Islanders team that’s one of the pleasant surprises of the season.
A 5-3 win over the Maple Leafs last night in Toronto had Philadelphia coach Peter Laviolette raving about his reinvigorated team, which also beat Montreal the night before.
“Shift after shift, nobody wants to let each other down with the work ethic right now,” Laviolette said. “It was a good win. It was a good win on the back-to-back.”
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 13
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)