Apr 5, 2013, 11:05 AM EDT
A four-game winning streak has Philadelphia’s playoff chances all the way up to 25.5 percent, according to Sports Club Stats.
While the Flyers remain a long shot to be playing past April, their odds are considerably shorter than they were last week when they bottomed out at 2.4 percent.
Philadelphia — now 11th in the Eastern Conference, two points back of the eighth-place Rangers — has 11 games left to complete the comeback. The Flyers play Saturday in Winnipeg against a Jets side that’s lost five straight in regulation and Tuesday on the road against an Islanders team that’s one of the pleasant surprises of the season.
A 5-3 win over the Maple Leafs last night in Toronto had Philadelphia coach Peter Laviolette raving about his reinvigorated team, which also beat Montreal the night before.
“Shift after shift, nobody wants to let each other down with the work ethic right now,” Laviolette said. “It was a good win. It was a good win on the back-to-back.”
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 12
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 25
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)