Apr 5, 2013, 11:05 AM EDT
A four-game winning streak has Philadelphia’s playoff chances all the way up to 25.5 percent, according to Sports Club Stats.
While the Flyers remain a long shot to be playing past April, their odds are considerably shorter than they were last week when they bottomed out at 2.4 percent.
Philadelphia — now 11th in the Eastern Conference, two points back of the eighth-place Rangers — has 11 games left to complete the comeback. The Flyers play Saturday in Winnipeg against a Jets side that’s lost five straight in regulation and Tuesday on the road against an Islanders team that’s one of the pleasant surprises of the season.
A 5-3 win over the Maple Leafs last night in Toronto had Philadelphia coach Peter Laviolette raving about his reinvigorated team, which also beat Montreal the night before.
“Shift after shift, nobody wants to let each other down with the work ethic right now,” Laviolette said. “It was a good win. It was a good win on the back-to-back.”
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54