Apr 5, 2013, 11:05 AM EST
A four-game winning streak has Philadelphia’s playoff chances all the way up to 25.5 percent, according to Sports Club Stats.
While the Flyers remain a long shot to be playing past April, their odds are considerably shorter than they were last week when they bottomed out at 2.4 percent.
Philadelphia — now 11th in the Eastern Conference, two points back of the eighth-place Rangers — has 11 games left to complete the comeback. The Flyers play Saturday in Winnipeg against a Jets side that’s lost five straight in regulation and Tuesday on the road against an Islanders team that’s one of the pleasant surprises of the season.
A 5-3 win over the Maple Leafs last night in Toronto had Philadelphia coach Peter Laviolette raving about his reinvigorated team, which also beat Montreal the night before.
“Shift after shift, nobody wants to let each other down with the work ethic right now,” Laviolette said. “It was a good win. It was a good win on the back-to-back.”
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 3
- In praise of the Hamburglar 13
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54