Apr 5, 2013, 5:45 PM EDT
Sharp, 31, hasn’t played since suffering a shoulder injury against Colorado on Mar. 6. He told CSN Chicago’s Tracey Myers that he won’t return to the lineup until the shoulder is 100 percent — so far, he’s missed 12 games with the ailment and could miss Nos. 13 and 14 as the ‘Hawks play the Preds in a Saturday/Sunday back-to-back this weekend.
Bolland, 26, got hurt blocking a Shea Weber shot during Monday’s 3-2 shootout win over Nashville.
The injury forced him to leave the contest, but he was back in action on Thursday for a 4-3 shootout loss to St. Louis. While he gamely suited up, it was clear the checking forward was off his game, as Bolland played just over 12 minutes while finishing minus-2 on the evening.
The ‘Hawks are in something of a slump right now — if you can call it that. The team has lost four of its last seven, but has secured a least a point in three straight games.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 4
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 33
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)