Apr 5, 2013, 5:45 PM EST
Sharp, 31, hasn’t played since suffering a shoulder injury against Colorado on Mar. 6. He told CSN Chicago’s Tracey Myers that he won’t return to the lineup until the shoulder is 100 percent — so far, he’s missed 12 games with the ailment and could miss Nos. 13 and 14 as the ‘Hawks play the Preds in a Saturday/Sunday back-to-back this weekend.
Bolland, 26, got hurt blocking a Shea Weber shot during Monday’s 3-2 shootout win over Nashville.
The injury forced him to leave the contest, but he was back in action on Thursday for a 4-3 shootout loss to St. Louis. While he gamely suited up, it was clear the checking forward was off his game, as Bolland played just over 12 minutes while finishing minus-2 on the evening.
The ‘Hawks are in something of a slump right now — if you can call it that. The team has lost four of its last seven, but has secured a least a point in three straight games.
- Video: Ovechkin becomes sixth fastest player to 400 goals in Caps win 2
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 14
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 30
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 5
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ 69
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 64
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 32
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 7
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 21
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 54
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)