Apr 5, 2013, 3:32 PM EDT
Rookie Jake Allen will start in goal for the Blues tonight when they host Columbus. It will be the 22-year-old’s first start since March 26 when he was pulled after allowing three goals on seven shots versus Edmonton.
Allen gets the nod after veteran Brian Elliott backstopped the Blues to a 4-3 shootout win last night in Chicago.
St. Louis is still on the bubble when it comes to making the playoffs. The Blues are eighth in the Western Conference, just one point up on Edmonton and Columbus (though St. Louis does have two games in hand on both the Oilers and Blue Jackets.)
Obviously, this is also a huge game for the revamped Jackets. Columbus has won three straight, including last night’s 3-1 triumph in Nashville.
The Jackets, however, won’t make a change in goal; Sergei Bobrovsky will start again after stopping 38 of 39 Predator shots.
Bobrovsky’s save percentage is now .930, second among all NHL starters behind injured Ottawa netminder Craig Anderson (.952).
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 33
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 47
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)