Apr 5, 2013, 3:32 PM EDT
Rookie Jake Allen will start in goal for the Blues tonight when they host Columbus. It will be the 22-year-old’s first start since March 26 when he was pulled after allowing three goals on seven shots versus Edmonton.
Allen gets the nod after veteran Brian Elliott backstopped the Blues to a 4-3 shootout win last night in Chicago.
St. Louis is still on the bubble when it comes to making the playoffs. The Blues are eighth in the Western Conference, just one point up on Edmonton and Columbus (though St. Louis does have two games in hand on both the Oilers and Blue Jackets.)
Obviously, this is also a huge game for the revamped Jackets. Columbus has won three straight, including last night’s 3-1 triumph in Nashville.
The Jackets, however, won’t make a change in goal; Sergei Bobrovsky will start again after stopping 38 of 39 Predator shots.
Bobrovsky’s save percentage is now .930, second among all NHL starters behind injured Ottawa netminder Craig Anderson (.952).
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)