Apr 5, 2013, 3:32 PM EST
Rookie Jake Allen will start in goal for the Blues tonight when they host Columbus. It will be the 22-year-old’s first start since March 26 when he was pulled after allowing three goals on seven shots versus Edmonton.
Allen gets the nod after veteran Brian Elliott backstopped the Blues to a 4-3 shootout win last night in Chicago.
St. Louis is still on the bubble when it comes to making the playoffs. The Blues are eighth in the Western Conference, just one point up on Edmonton and Columbus (though St. Louis does have two games in hand on both the Oilers and Blue Jackets.)
Obviously, this is also a huge game for the revamped Jackets. Columbus has won three straight, including last night’s 3-1 triumph in Nashville.
The Jackets, however, won’t make a change in goal; Sergei Bobrovsky will start again after stopping 38 of 39 Predator shots.
Bobrovsky’s save percentage is now .930, second among all NHL starters behind injured Ottawa netminder Craig Anderson (.952).
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 0
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 5
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 0
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 9
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 6
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 15
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)