Wild’s Heatley hurt at end of loss to Sharks

Apr 4, 2013, 3:04 AM EDT

Minnesota Wild v Phoenix Coyotes Getty Images

Michael Russo of the Minneapolis Star Tribune is reporting that Minnesota Wild head coach Mike Yeo indicated following Wednesday’s game against the San Jose Sharks that Dany Heatley could miss time with what may be a wrist injury.

The injury appears to have happened during an altercation between Heatley and Sharks defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic at the end of the game – a 4-2 Sharks win.

Based on post-game comments, it seemed the two players had a running feud from the previous shift. Vlasic was assessed a major penalty for slashing at the end of the game, when he took a wicked hack at Heatley.

“He just swung at me and I swung at him,” Vlasic told the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

“He could have easily hit me. I wasn’t intending to hurt him. I just wanted to slash him because he took a swing at me and missed. He got me the shift before. If he’s going to slash me, I’m going to defend myself and just swing back and unfortunately I got him. I didn’t want to hurt him. If he’s going to slash me I was just defending myself and swung back.

“… Unfortunately I got him in the wrist or shoulder. I’m not sure where I got him. That was not my intent. My intent was just to defend myself.”
Latest Posts
  1. 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks

Apr 16, 2014, 7:00 AM EDT

StanleyCupPlayoffs14

Add yours in the comments section.

2. Report: Duchene to miss at least first two games of Avalanche-Wild series

Apr 15, 2014, 9:31 PM EDT

Boston Bruins v Colorado Avalanche Getty Images

“It puts a lot more pressure on everybody else,” says Nathan MacKinnon.

3. Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall

Apr 15, 2014, 8:25 PM EDT

NHL2014Draft

After losing the No. 1 pick to Colorado last year.

4. Pressing question: Will Philly get the goaltending?

Apr 15, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT

Steve Mason, Ray Emery AP

Heck, will Steve Mason even be available?

5. NHL hit with third concussion lawsuit

Apr 15, 2014, 6:43 PM EDT

bettmangetty Getty Images

Just days after another group of ex-players filed last Thursday.

6. PHT Extra: Can the Jackets upset the Penguins?

Apr 15, 2014, 5:31 PM EDT

Pittsburgh Penguins v Columbus Blue Jackets Getty Images

What about the Stars over the Ducks?

7. Boudreau won’t say who’s starting for Ducks, but the money’s on Andersen

Apr 15, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT

Frederik Andersen, Jonas Hiller AP

“I don’t think I can screw it up too bad whoever I choose.”

8. Calgary’s AHL affiliate parts ways with Abbotsford

Apr 15, 2014, 3:13 PM EDT

abbotsford heat logo

The city has terminated the contract.

9. Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers

Apr 15, 2014, 2:08 PM EDT

Philadelphia Flyers v Florida Panthers Getty Images

“That’s not been determined yet,” said head coach Craig Berube.

10. Pressing question: Are the Avs for real?

Apr 15, 2014, 1:50 PM EDT

Colorado Avalanche v Columbus Blue Jackets Getty Images

Even if they beat Minnesota, that question won’t be put to bed.

11. Flyers sign Frozen Four MVP Gostisbehere

Apr 15, 2014, 1:10 PM EDT

Shayne Gostisbehere Getty Images

Union College standout was a third-round pick in ’12.

Are Penguins vulnerable vs. Columbus?
Top 10 NHL Player Searches