Apr 4, 2013, 3:04 AM EDT
Michael Russo of the Minneapolis Star Tribune is reporting that Minnesota Wild head coach Mike Yeo indicated following Wednesday’s game against the San Jose Sharks that Dany Heatley could miss time with what may be a wrist injury.
The injury appears to have happened during an altercation between Heatley and Sharks defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic at the end of the game – a 4-2 Sharks win.
Based on post-game comments, it seemed the two players had a running feud from the previous shift. Vlasic was assessed a major penalty for slashing at the end of the game, when he took a wicked hack at Heatley.
“He just swung at me and I swung at him,” Vlasic told the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
“He could have easily hit me. I wasn’t intending to hurt him. I just wanted to slash him because he took a swing at me and missed. He got me the shift before. If he’s going to slash me, I’m going to defend myself and just swing back and unfortunately I got him. I didn’t want to hurt him. If he’s going to slash me I was just defending myself and swung back.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 0
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 0
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (45)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)