Apr 4, 2013, 8:20 AM EST
The end of last night’s Sharks-Wild game saw things get a bit out of hand between Dany Heatley and Marc-Edouard Vlasic. The two got into a jousting match of sorts that saw Heatley wind up getting hurt from a slash by Vlasic.
After the game, Vlasic explained why he whacked his former Sharks teammate and says he was just defending himself. CSN-Bay Area provides us with video of the interview and incident.
As Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com shares, Vlasic wasn’t too pleased with how Heatley carried himself at the end of the game.
“If he’s going to slash me, I’m going to defend myself and just swing back, and unfortunately I got him. I didn’t want to hurt him. If he’s going to slash me I was just defending myself, and swung back.”
Defending yourself like that can sometimes come at a price and the NHL may come calling for him later today.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 3
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 5
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8