Apr 4, 2013, 8:20 AM EST
The end of last night’s Sharks-Wild game saw things get a bit out of hand between Dany Heatley and Marc-Edouard Vlasic. The two got into a jousting match of sorts that saw Heatley wind up getting hurt from a slash by Vlasic.
After the game, Vlasic explained why he whacked his former Sharks teammate and says he was just defending himself. CSN-Bay Area provides us with video of the interview and incident.
As Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com shares, Vlasic wasn’t too pleased with how Heatley carried himself at the end of the game.
“If he’s going to slash me, I’m going to defend myself and just swing back, and unfortunately I got him. I didn’t want to hurt him. If he’s going to slash me I was just defending myself, and swung back.”
Defending yourself like that can sometimes come at a price and the NHL may come calling for him later today.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)