Apr 4, 2013, 8:20 AM EDT
The end of last night’s Sharks-Wild game saw things get a bit out of hand between Dany Heatley and Marc-Edouard Vlasic. The two got into a jousting match of sorts that saw Heatley wind up getting hurt from a slash by Vlasic.
After the game, Vlasic explained why he whacked his former Sharks teammate and says he was just defending himself. CSN-Bay Area provides us with video of the interview and incident.
As Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com shares, Vlasic wasn’t too pleased with how Heatley carried himself at the end of the game.
“If he’s going to slash me, I’m going to defend myself and just swing back, and unfortunately I got him. I didn’t want to hurt him. If he’s going to slash me I was just defending myself, and swung back.”
Defending yourself like that can sometimes come at a price and the NHL may come calling for him later today.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)