Apr 4, 2013, 8:20 AM EDT
The end of last night’s Sharks-Wild game saw things get a bit out of hand between Dany Heatley and Marc-Edouard Vlasic. The two got into a jousting match of sorts that saw Heatley wind up getting hurt from a slash by Vlasic.
After the game, Vlasic explained why he whacked his former Sharks teammate and says he was just defending himself. CSN-Bay Area provides us with video of the interview and incident.
As Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com shares, Vlasic wasn’t too pleased with how Heatley carried himself at the end of the game.
“If he’s going to slash me, I’m going to defend myself and just swing back, and unfortunately I got him. I didn’t want to hurt him. If he’s going to slash me I was just defending myself, and swung back.”
Defending yourself like that can sometimes come at a price and the NHL may come calling for him later today.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)