Apr 4, 2013, 8:20 AM EDT
The end of last night’s Sharks-Wild game saw things get a bit out of hand between Dany Heatley and Marc-Edouard Vlasic. The two got into a jousting match of sorts that saw Heatley wind up getting hurt from a slash by Vlasic.
After the game, Vlasic explained why he whacked his former Sharks teammate and says he was just defending himself. CSN-Bay Area provides us with video of the interview and incident.
As Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com shares, Vlasic wasn’t too pleased with how Heatley carried himself at the end of the game.
“If he’s going to slash me, I’m going to defend myself and just swing back, and unfortunately I got him. I didn’t want to hurt him. If he’s going to slash me I was just defending myself, and swung back.”
Defending yourself like that can sometimes come at a price and the NHL may come calling for him later today.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 8
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 5
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)