Apr 4, 2013, 12:42 AM EDT
Dallas Stars defenseman Aaron Rome has delivered his share of devastating body checks.
On Wednesday, he caught Daniel Winnik along the boards near the Dallas blue line with a heavy hit that sent the Anaheim Ducks forward flying. Winnik did get retribution – on the score board. The Ducks won 5-2, and Winnik had an assist. Rome was a minus-two on the night.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 19
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 18
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 43
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 120
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 79
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7