Apr 4, 2013, 1:50 AM EDT
Ryane Clowe scored his first goal as a member of the New York Rangers on Wednesday. Not only was it his first goal in his first game with New York, it was his first goal of the entire season.
Clowe, traded from San Jose to New York on Tuesday, had gone the previous 28 games without scoring. Consider the slump busted.
He snapped it with not one but two on Wednesday, as the Rangers thumped the Pittsburgh Penguins.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22