Apr 4, 2013, 1:50 AM EDT
Ryane Clowe scored his first goal as a member of the New York Rangers on Wednesday. Not only was it his first goal in his first game with New York, it was his first goal of the entire season.
Clowe, traded from San Jose to New York on Tuesday, had gone the previous 28 games without scoring. Consider the slump busted.
He snapped it with not one but two on Wednesday, as the Rangers thumped the Pittsburgh Penguins.
- Ryan agrees to seven-year, $50.75 million extension 2
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 37
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 10
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (37)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)