Apr 4, 2013, 1:50 AM EDT
Ryane Clowe scored his first goal as a member of the New York Rangers on Wednesday. Not only was it his first goal in his first game with New York, it was his first goal of the entire season.
Clowe, traded from San Jose to New York on Tuesday, had gone the previous 28 games without scoring. Consider the slump busted.
He snapped it with not one but two on Wednesday, as the Rangers thumped the Pittsburgh Penguins.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54