Apr 4, 2013, 7:19 PM EDT
Minnesota Wild fans will get a chance to see the team’s latest splashy acquisition in action a day after the trade deadline, as Jason Pominville will make his debut with the squad during Thursday’s game versus the Los Angeles Kings.
“It was a shock, even though I kind of had a little bit of feeling that it might happen,” Pominville said. “It’s still a shock. Obviously, really excited to come to this team, this organization, this city, where they’re doing whatever it takes to win, and they’re heading in the right direction. They’ve had a lot of success so far and hopefully I can just fit in and add to the puzzle.”
To little surprise, the 30-year-old winger provided glowing reviews of his potential new linemates.
“They have a lot of talent,” Pominville said. “I think Mikko’s probably one of the most underrated players in the league. Tremendous playmaking ability, good speed, he can play any situation. Zach, we all know what he can bring. On the puck, he can score goals, he can play in any situation, tough guy to play against.”
We’ll start to get an idea about where Pominville fits in tonight.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54