Apr 4, 2013, 7:19 PM EDT
Minnesota Wild fans will get a chance to see the team’s latest splashy acquisition in action a day after the trade deadline, as Jason Pominville will make his debut with the squad during Thursday’s game versus the Los Angeles Kings.
“It was a shock, even though I kind of had a little bit of feeling that it might happen,” Pominville said. “It’s still a shock. Obviously, really excited to come to this team, this organization, this city, where they’re doing whatever it takes to win, and they’re heading in the right direction. They’ve had a lot of success so far and hopefully I can just fit in and add to the puzzle.”
To little surprise, the 30-year-old winger provided glowing reviews of his potential new linemates.
“They have a lot of talent,” Pominville said. “I think Mikko’s probably one of the most underrated players in the league. Tremendous playmaking ability, good speed, he can play any situation. Zach, we all know what he can bring. On the puck, he can score goals, he can play in any situation, tough guy to play against.”
We’ll start to get an idea about where Pominville fits in tonight.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5