Apr 4, 2013, 7:19 PM EDT
Minnesota Wild fans will get a chance to see the team’s latest splashy acquisition in action a day after the trade deadline, as Jason Pominville will make his debut with the squad during Thursday’s game versus the Los Angeles Kings.
“It was a shock, even though I kind of had a little bit of feeling that it might happen,” Pominville said. “It’s still a shock. Obviously, really excited to come to this team, this organization, this city, where they’re doing whatever it takes to win, and they’re heading in the right direction. They’ve had a lot of success so far and hopefully I can just fit in and add to the puzzle.”
To little surprise, the 30-year-old winger provided glowing reviews of his potential new linemates.
“They have a lot of talent,” Pominville said. “I think Mikko’s probably one of the most underrated players in the league. Tremendous playmaking ability, good speed, he can play any situation. Zach, we all know what he can bring. On the puck, he can score goals, he can play in any situation, tough guy to play against.”
We’ll start to get an idea about where Pominville fits in tonight.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 15
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 88
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 12
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 34
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (90)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)