Apr 4, 2013, 7:19 PM EDT
Minnesota Wild fans will get a chance to see the team’s latest splashy acquisition in action a day after the trade deadline, as Jason Pominville will make his debut with the squad during Thursday’s game versus the Los Angeles Kings.
“It was a shock, even though I kind of had a little bit of feeling that it might happen,” Pominville said. “It’s still a shock. Obviously, really excited to come to this team, this organization, this city, where they’re doing whatever it takes to win, and they’re heading in the right direction. They’ve had a lot of success so far and hopefully I can just fit in and add to the puzzle.”
To little surprise, the 30-year-old winger provided glowing reviews of his potential new linemates.
“They have a lot of talent,” Pominville said. “I think Mikko’s probably one of the most underrated players in the league. Tremendous playmaking ability, good speed, he can play any situation. Zach, we all know what he can bring. On the puck, he can score goals, he can play in any situation, tough guy to play against.”
We’ll start to get an idea about where Pominville fits in tonight.
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 25
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 53
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 41
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)