Apr 4, 2013, 7:19 PM EST
Minnesota Wild fans will get a chance to see the team’s latest splashy acquisition in action a day after the trade deadline, as Jason Pominville will make his debut with the squad during Thursday’s game versus the Los Angeles Kings.
“It was a shock, even though I kind of had a little bit of feeling that it might happen,” Pominville said. “It’s still a shock. Obviously, really excited to come to this team, this organization, this city, where they’re doing whatever it takes to win, and they’re heading in the right direction. They’ve had a lot of success so far and hopefully I can just fit in and add to the puzzle.”
To little surprise, the 30-year-old winger provided glowing reviews of his potential new linemates.
“They have a lot of talent,” Pominville said. “I think Mikko’s probably one of the most underrated players in the league. Tremendous playmaking ability, good speed, he can play any situation. Zach, we all know what he can bring. On the puck, he can score goals, he can play in any situation, tough guy to play against.”
We’ll start to get an idea about where Pominville fits in tonight.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 19
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 25
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11