Apr 4, 2013, 4:12 PM EDT
Today, Kassian confirmed that he met with management prior to being sent to the Chicago Wolves and chatted about “being a professional away from the rink.”
From The Province:
Canucks brass have refused to say that Kassian was sent to the minors for discipline issues, although you can read what you want into a “basically,” from coach Alain Vigneault.
“He went to Chicago basically to play hockey,” Vigneault said after the morning skate on Thursday. “He had a really strong game and yesterday, after the trade deadline was over, we talked and we decided to bring him back.
“If he plays the way we think he can — a good skating, physical player — he can contribute to our group. He has done it at some moments in the past. He needs to be more consistent, but that can be said about a lot of young players coming into the league. He’ll get another opportunity and hopefully he’ll grab this one.”
Kassian — who we should mention is only 22 years old and will return to the lineup tonight versus Edmonton — isn’t the first Canuck to have his love of the nightlife become a topic of conversation.
Lest we forget the life and times of Shane O’Brien in Vancouver.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 2
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 22
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)