Apr 4, 2013, 4:12 PM EST
Today, Kassian confirmed that he met with management prior to being sent to the Chicago Wolves and chatted about “being a professional away from the rink.”
From The Province:
Canucks brass have refused to say that Kassian was sent to the minors for discipline issues, although you can read what you want into a “basically,” from coach Alain Vigneault.
“He went to Chicago basically to play hockey,” Vigneault said after the morning skate on Thursday. “He had a really strong game and yesterday, after the trade deadline was over, we talked and we decided to bring him back.
“If he plays the way we think he can — a good skating, physical player — he can contribute to our group. He has done it at some moments in the past. He needs to be more consistent, but that can be said about a lot of young players coming into the league. He’ll get another opportunity and hopefully he’ll grab this one.”
Kassian — who we should mention is only 22 years old and will return to the lineup tonight versus Edmonton — isn’t the first Canuck to have his love of the nightlife become a topic of conversation.
Lest we forget the life and times of Shane O’Brien in Vancouver.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 16
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8