Apr 4, 2013, 4:12 PM EST
Today, Kassian confirmed that he met with management prior to being sent to the Chicago Wolves and chatted about “being a professional away from the rink.”
From The Province:
Canucks brass have refused to say that Kassian was sent to the minors for discipline issues, although you can read what you want into a “basically,” from coach Alain Vigneault.
“He went to Chicago basically to play hockey,” Vigneault said after the morning skate on Thursday. “He had a really strong game and yesterday, after the trade deadline was over, we talked and we decided to bring him back.
“If he plays the way we think he can — a good skating, physical player — he can contribute to our group. He has done it at some moments in the past. He needs to be more consistent, but that can be said about a lot of young players coming into the league. He’ll get another opportunity and hopefully he’ll grab this one.”
Kassian — who we should mention is only 22 years old and will return to the lineup tonight versus Edmonton — isn’t the first Canuck to have his love of the nightlife become a topic of conversation.
Lest we forget the life and times of Shane O’Brien in Vancouver.
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 2
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 20
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 29
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)