Apr 4, 2013, 4:12 PM EDT
Today, Kassian confirmed that he met with management prior to being sent to the Chicago Wolves and chatted about “being a professional away from the rink.”
From The Province:
Canucks brass have refused to say that Kassian was sent to the minors for discipline issues, although you can read what you want into a “basically,” from coach Alain Vigneault.
“He went to Chicago basically to play hockey,” Vigneault said after the morning skate on Thursday. “He had a really strong game and yesterday, after the trade deadline was over, we talked and we decided to bring him back.
“If he plays the way we think he can — a good skating, physical player — he can contribute to our group. He has done it at some moments in the past. He needs to be more consistent, but that can be said about a lot of young players coming into the league. He’ll get another opportunity and hopefully he’ll grab this one.”
Kassian — who we should mention is only 22 years old and will return to the lineup tonight versus Edmonton — isn’t the first Canuck to have his love of the nightlife become a topic of conversation.
Lest we forget the life and times of Shane O’Brien in Vancouver.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63