Apr 4, 2013, 4:12 PM EDT
Today, Kassian confirmed that he met with management prior to being sent to the Chicago Wolves and chatted about “being a professional away from the rink.”
From The Province:
Canucks brass have refused to say that Kassian was sent to the minors for discipline issues, although you can read what you want into a “basically,” from coach Alain Vigneault.
“He went to Chicago basically to play hockey,” Vigneault said after the morning skate on Thursday. “He had a really strong game and yesterday, after the trade deadline was over, we talked and we decided to bring him back.
“If he plays the way we think he can — a good skating, physical player — he can contribute to our group. He has done it at some moments in the past. He needs to be more consistent, but that can be said about a lot of young players coming into the league. He’ll get another opportunity and hopefully he’ll grab this one.”
Kassian — who we should mention is only 22 years old and will return to the lineup tonight versus Edmonton — isn’t the first Canuck to have his love of the nightlife become a topic of conversation.
Lest we forget the life and times of Shane O’Brien in Vancouver.
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 6
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 25
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 42
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (43)