Apr 4, 2013, 7:49 PM EDT
The winger needed help off the ice on Thursday after he collided with Philadelphia Flyers players Adam Hall and Jay Rosehill:
Update: to little surprise, the team updates that Lupul won’t return, labeling the issue an upper-body injury.
Many are worried that the 29-year-old might have a concussion.
He’s had an incredible run with Toronto since returning from forearm surgery on March 16, putting up 13 points in six games – all of which included at least a point. Of course, those numbers torment instead of impress if this ends up being serious.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 12
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 15
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39