Apr 4, 2013, 7:49 PM EDT
The winger needed help off the ice on Thursday after he collided with Philadelphia Flyers players Adam Hall and Jay Rosehill:
Update: to little surprise, the team updates that Lupul won’t return, labeling the issue an upper-body injury.
Many are worried that the 29-year-old might have a concussion.
He’s had an incredible run with Toronto since returning from forearm surgery on March 16, putting up 13 points in six games – all of which included at least a point. Of course, those numbers torment instead of impress if this ends up being serious.
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 0
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 7
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 11
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 51
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 49
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 25
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 66
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (79)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)