Apr 4, 2013, 11:11 AM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers won again last night, embarrassing their provincial rivals from Calgary, 8-2.
For the Oilers, it was their fifth straight win — a stretch that saw them beat their opponents by a combined score of 25-7.
Also during that five-game stretch: 2010 first overall pick Taylor Hall had 14 points, including five last night against the Flames.
“It’s hard not to look at the core and what this team has and see that they’re going to have success,” said winger Ryan Jones.
“Guys are maturing right in front of your eyes. You watch them become better players all over the ice and it’s going to be an exciting team in the future and, obviously, I want to be a part of it as long as I can and whether that’s just this year or not, so be it.
“We’re playing some exciting hockey and playing meaningful games at an important time of the year.”
The Oilers — who play in Vancouver tonight — sit eighth in the Western Conference, one point up on St. Louis, though the Blues do have two games in hand.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (84)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)