Apr 4, 2013, 11:11 AM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers won again last night, embarrassing their provincial rivals from Calgary, 8-2.
For the Oilers, it was their fifth straight win — a stretch that saw them beat their opponents by a combined score of 25-7.
Also during that five-game stretch: 2010 first overall pick Taylor Hall had 14 points, including five last night against the Flames.
“It’s hard not to look at the core and what this team has and see that they’re going to have success,” said winger Ryan Jones.
“Guys are maturing right in front of your eyes. You watch them become better players all over the ice and it’s going to be an exciting team in the future and, obviously, I want to be a part of it as long as I can and whether that’s just this year or not, so be it.
“We’re playing some exciting hockey and playing meaningful games at an important time of the year.”
The Oilers — who play in Vancouver tonight — sit eighth in the Western Conference, one point up on St. Louis, though the Blues do have two games in hand.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 4
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 26
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)