Apr 4, 2013, 10:47 PM EDT
Thursday presented enough bad news for the Philadelphia Flyers in the form of Zac Rinaldo being out indefinitely with high-ankle sprain, but another injury happened during the team’s 5-3 win against the Toronto Maple Leafs. Kimmo Timonen left the game late in the third period with an undisclosed injury and didn’t return.
The aging defenseman was seen limping around the locker room and refused to provide details, according the Philadelphia Inquirer’s Sam Carchidi.
This news puts a damper on what would be an unusually chipper day for the Flyers, as their win and a series of other interesting East events left the team just two points out of the East’s eighth playoff spot. While that fact can be a bit misleading since they’re in 11th overall, the New Jersey Devils and Winnipeg Jets are on five-game losing streaks while the New York Rangers face five of their next six games on the road.
Still, you need to take what you can get positivity-wise in a season like this.
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 12
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 11
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 21
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 32
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)