Apr 4, 2013, 10:47 PM EDT
Thursday presented enough bad news for the Philadelphia Flyers in the form of Zac Rinaldo being out indefinitely with high-ankle sprain, but another injury happened during the team’s 5-3 win against the Toronto Maple Leafs. Kimmo Timonen left the game late in the third period with an undisclosed injury and didn’t return.
The aging defenseman was seen limping around the locker room and refused to provide details, according the Philadelphia Inquirer’s Sam Carchidi.
This news puts a damper on what would be an unusually chipper day for the Flyers, as their win and a series of other interesting East events left the team just two points out of the East’s eighth playoff spot. While that fact can be a bit misleading since they’re in 11th overall, the New Jersey Devils and Winnipeg Jets are on five-game losing streaks while the New York Rangers face five of their next six games on the road.
Still, you need to take what you can get positivity-wise in a season like this.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)