Apr 4, 2013, 10:47 PM EDT
Thursday presented enough bad news for the Philadelphia Flyers in the form of Zac Rinaldo being out indefinitely with high-ankle sprain, but another injury happened during the team’s 5-3 win against the Toronto Maple Leafs. Kimmo Timonen left the game late in the third period with an undisclosed injury and didn’t return.
The aging defenseman was seen limping around the locker room and refused to provide details, according the Philadelphia Inquirer’s Sam Carchidi.
This news puts a damper on what would be an unusually chipper day for the Flyers, as their win and a series of other interesting East events left the team just two points out of the East’s eighth playoff spot. While that fact can be a bit misleading since they’re in 11th overall, the New Jersey Devils and Winnipeg Jets are on five-game losing streaks while the New York Rangers face five of their next six games on the road.
Still, you need to take what you can get positivity-wise in a season like this.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 8
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 29
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)