Apr 4, 2013, 10:47 PM EDT
Thursday presented enough bad news for the Philadelphia Flyers in the form of Zac Rinaldo being out indefinitely with high-ankle sprain, but another injury happened during the team’s 5-3 win against the Toronto Maple Leafs. Kimmo Timonen left the game late in the third period with an undisclosed injury and didn’t return.
The aging defenseman was seen limping around the locker room and refused to provide details, according the Philadelphia Inquirer’s Sam Carchidi.
This news puts a damper on what would be an unusually chipper day for the Flyers, as their win and a series of other interesting East events left the team just two points out of the East’s eighth playoff spot. While that fact can be a bit misleading since they’re in 11th overall, the New Jersey Devils and Winnipeg Jets are on five-game losing streaks while the New York Rangers face five of their next six games on the road.
Still, you need to take what you can get positivity-wise in a season like this.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 7
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 84
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 68
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (84)