Apr 4, 2013, 1:24 PM EDT
It appears there’s little love lost between the Predators and Martin Erat.
“I think when a guy wants out and he wants to leave … we want guys here that want to play and want to be a part of this team, want to win,” Fisher told John Glennon of The Tennessean. “That wasn’t the case with Marty. So you just kind of move on.”
Fisher also added it was “a little surprising” to learn of the trade demand.
It’s starting to sound as though Erat ruffled more than a few feathers upon leaving the club.
Poile said he wouldn’t try to “sugarcoat” anything when it came to Erat’s departure, stating he noticed an uptick in performance and production from the Czech winger shortly after making his trade request.
Here’s more on that, from Fox Sports Tennessee’s John Manasso:
Sometimes, Poile said, a player needs a change of scenery.
It certainly seemed to be that way with Erat, who, after an outburst of eight points in four games — which apparently coincided with his request; perhaps Erat was doing his best to showcase himself — sank back into a lack of productivity.
Over the last three games, he went without a point (minus-2 ).
As for Erat’s future — well, he’s getting thrown into the fire pretty quickly in Washington.
He arrived in D.C. early Thursday morning to practice in anticipation of his Caps debut — which will happen tonight, at the Verizon Center, against the Islanders.
“Very important, a guy who can play in all situations,” Oates told the Washington Post. “It’s why he’s an upper echelon player.
“He’s a smart guy, can handle the responsibilities of playing in some of the different types of situations.”
May 4, 2015, 11:37 AM EDT
“Prust has engaged himself in something that’s going to take him into an area where he doesn’t want to be part of.”
May 4, 2015, 11:28 AM EDT
So says Bruce Boudreau.
May 4, 2015, 11:07 AM EDT
Trevor Lewis put the Americans out to an early advantage.
May 4, 2015, 10:52 AM EDT
Former Minnesota farmhand is on his way to Frolunda.
May 4, 2015, 10:05 AM EDT
Could play on Wednesday against Russia.
May 4, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Game 3 between the Rangers and Capitals is the lone game on the schedule.
May 4, 2015, 8:05 AM EDT
Monday’s collection of links.
May 4, 2015, 1:04 AM EDT
The last team to open the playoffs with at least six straight wins was Pittsburgh in 2008.
May 4, 2015, 12:18 AM EDT
He’ll be looking for the Wild to do better mentally at home.
May 3, 2015, 11:42 PM EDT
There are three contests scheduled for Sunday.
May 3, 2015, 11:36 PM EDT
He seemed initially dazed, but stayed in the game.
May 3, 2015, 11:17 PM EDT
Chicago now has a 2-0 series lead.
May 3, 2015, 10:27 PM EDT
Devan Dubnyk had some bad luck on this one.
May 3, 2015, 9:58 PM EDT
“He tries to play God. He tries to control the game and he did that tonight.”
May 3, 2015, 9:14 PM EDT
Prust and Bishop have a history.
May 3, 2015, 8:52 PM EDT
The series will now return to Tampa Bay where the Lightning were 32-8-1 in the regular season.
May 3, 2015, 8:19 PM EDT
This might lead to Jonathan Drouin playing in Game 3.
May 3, 2015, 7:38 PM EDT
How far can the Lightning go if he gets hot?
May 3, 2015, 7:14 PM EDT
Valtteri Filppula snuck one by Carey Price.
May 3, 2015, 7:00 PM EDT
At one point 14 squads were believed to be interested in his services.
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 4
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 32
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 21
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)