Apr 4, 2013, 1:24 PM EDT
It appears there’s little love lost between the Predators and Martin Erat.
“I think when a guy wants out and he wants to leave … we want guys here that want to play and want to be a part of this team, want to win,” Fisher told John Glennon of The Tennessean. “That wasn’t the case with Marty. So you just kind of move on.”
Fisher also added it was “a little surprising” to learn of the trade demand.
It’s starting to sound as though Erat ruffled more than a few feathers upon leaving the club.
Poile said he wouldn’t try to “sugarcoat” anything when it came to Erat’s departure, stating he noticed an uptick in performance and production from the Czech winger shortly after making his trade request.
Here’s more on that, from Fox Sports Tennessee’s John Manasso:
Sometimes, Poile said, a player needs a change of scenery.
It certainly seemed to be that way with Erat, who, after an outburst of eight points in four games — which apparently coincided with his request; perhaps Erat was doing his best to showcase himself — sank back into a lack of productivity.
Over the last three games, he went without a point (minus-2 ).
As for Erat’s future — well, he’s getting thrown into the fire pretty quickly in Washington.
He arrived in D.C. early Thursday morning to practice in anticipation of his Caps debut — which will happen tonight, at the Verizon Center, against the Islanders.
“Very important, a guy who can play in all situations,” Oates told the Washington Post. “It’s why he’s an upper echelon player.
“He’s a smart guy, can handle the responsibilities of playing in some of the different types of situations.”
Apr 16, 2014, 1:14 AM EDT
Well, that’s good for St. Louis.
Apr 16, 2014, 12:15 AM EDT
Apr 15, 2014, 11:17 PM EDT
They’ve struggled after the Olympics.
Apr 15, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
It was a tough season in Buffalo.
Apr 15, 2014, 9:31 PM EDT
“It puts a lot more pressure on everybody else,” says Nathan MacKinnon.
Apr 15, 2014, 8:25 PM EDT
After losing the No. 1 pick to Colorado last year.
Apr 15, 2014, 8:05 PM EDT
Anders Lindback gets the start.
Apr 15, 2014, 7:14 PM EDT
Didn’t practice Tuesday.
Apr 15, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Heck, will Steve Mason even be available?
Apr 15, 2014, 6:43 PM EDT
Just days after another group of ex-players filed last Thursday.
Apr 15, 2014, 5:31 PM EDT
What about the Stars over the Ducks?
Apr 15, 2014, 5:16 PM EDT
“He’s relentless,” according to Craig MacTavish.
Apr 15, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
“I don’t think I can screw it up too bad whoever I choose.”
Apr 15, 2014, 3:13 PM EDT
The city has terminated the contract.
Apr 15, 2014, 2:39 PM EDT
You don’t say.
Apr 15, 2014, 2:08 PM EDT
“That’s not been determined yet,” said head coach Craig Berube.
Apr 15, 2014, 1:50 PM EDT
Even if they beat Minnesota, that question won’t be put to bed.
Apr 15, 2014, 1:10 PM EDT
Union College standout was a third-round pick in ’12.
Apr 15, 2014, 1:01 PM EDT
“We have no qualms whatsoever about a long-term problem with it.”
Apr 15, 2014, 12:38 PM EDT
“I’m not naive to the talk. I’ve been asked the question lots.”
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)