Apr 4, 2013, 1:19 PM EDT
Sexual-assault charges have been withdrawn against Flyers prospect Nick Cousins and two other junior players.
From the Sault Star newspaper:
Nick Cousins, 19, of Belleville, Ont., Andrew Fritsch, 19, of Brantford, and Mark Petaccio, 18, of Sicklerville, N.J., who now plays for the Ottawa 67s, were charged with sexual assault last August.
The Crown withdrew the charges in a Sault Ste. Marie courtroom Thursday citing “no reasonable prospect of conviction.”
The charges were withdrawn on the condition that the three men enter into a 12-month peace bond, requiring them to keep the peace, have no communication with the complainant and not to come within 500 metres of her home, work or school.
Cousins, a center with the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds, is one of the Flyers’ top prospects. The 68th overall pick in the 2011 draft had 103 points in 64 games this season.
Fritsch is a sixth-round pick (2011) of the Coyotes.
Petaccio is undrafted.
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 1
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 7
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 19
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 27
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)