Apr 4, 2013, 1:19 PM EDT
Sexual-assault charges have been withdrawn against Flyers prospect Nick Cousins and two other junior players.
From the Sault Star newspaper:
Nick Cousins, 19, of Belleville, Ont., Andrew Fritsch, 19, of Brantford, and Mark Petaccio, 18, of Sicklerville, N.J., who now plays for the Ottawa 67s, were charged with sexual assault last August.
The Crown withdrew the charges in a Sault Ste. Marie courtroom Thursday citing “no reasonable prospect of conviction.”
The charges were withdrawn on the condition that the three men enter into a 12-month peace bond, requiring them to keep the peace, have no communication with the complainant and not to come within 500 metres of her home, work or school.
Cousins, a center with the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds, is one of the Flyers’ top prospects. The 68th overall pick in the 2011 draft had 103 points in 64 games this season.
Fritsch is a sixth-round pick (2011) of the Coyotes.
Petaccio is undrafted.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)