Apr 4, 2013, 9:18 AM EDT
You could say the Buffalo Sabres did really well in the return they got for team captain Jason Pominville. Two top prospects as well as two high draft picks makes for a pretty good haul for a team that was clearly in fire sale mode.
Lindy Ruff was sent packing this season and rightfully so. He should have been fired last year, when it became evident his players muted his message. Regier should have been kicked to the curb with him but instead received a contract extension. He sounded like a man Wednesday who would be in charge of the rebuilding project.
Just so we’re straight, the same man who made the mess is now in charge of cleaning up the mess and, if he sticks around, will have an opportunity to make another mess. Seriously, that’s messed up.
Tell us how you really feel, Bucky.
Ruff and Regier got their start in Buffalo at about the same time and given what’s happened with the Sabres, sending Regier out with Ruff might’ve made sense. Maybe owner Terry Pegula is taking a page out of Columbus’ book and letting Regier finish things up before sending him packing.
Following Columbus’ example? Yeah, things are a little different these days.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 23
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 108
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 78
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (110)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (79)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)